iPhone 8 vs. Galaxy S8: Clash of the Titans (Rumors)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OneTonJoe

Estimable
Feb 11, 2017
I kind of have to disagree about the location of the fingerprint sensor. On the back (in an appropriate spot) is the ideal location for the millions of users who operate their smart phones with one hand (while holding it in that same one hand). And, keep in mind, not everyone has a choice... I wonder how many iPhones have been dropped (and potentially damaged) by users trying to unlock their phone "single-handedly," or while rotating it, after unlocking it, for the few users clever enough to record their unlock fingerprints upside down...

Daekar3

Commendable
Aug 12, 2016
Don't forget Samsung Pay. Best damn feature in the world. I can use my phone to pay literally everywhere, not just the places that have implemented tap and pay. And where I live, that makes a huge difference because next-gen payment stuff is rolling out VERY slowly.

dwissmar

Prominent
Oct 13, 2017
Dropping a phone on a nice sheet of plywood is ridiculous, put it in your back pocket, get on a motorcycle.
Lay the bike down, call the medics, in a foreign country! Try and give the helicopter dispatcher your MGRS location. You may laugh at my old flip phone but the medics wiped the Blood off it and called my wife, and it was a bicycle accident. I have four garmins and I can use MGRS with them. I still carry a paper map and a Mil protractor, I don't need to worry about battery life. If you want to design an app, I want to read usgs maps on my iPad. Give me another app with a grid with one KLIC, kilometer spacing, and when put a pin in I get eastings and northings. Have it talk to my other devices, so when the battery dies I can put two AA batteries in the old garmin and it works fine. When you deal with an old pilot it's not GPS it's a PLGR!

dwissmar

Prominent
Oct 13, 2017
Dropping a phone on a nice clean sheet of plywood is stupid. When I am in a foreign country and I regain consciousness from my Motorcycle accident, I want to call the local hospital, and if it is a NATO country give them my MGRS! Laugh at my old flip phone but the medic wiped the Blood off it and called my wife, when I crashed A bicycle in America.

t.est

Prominent
Dec 29, 2017
"few users clever enough to record their unlock fingerprints upside down..."

Few non Apple users are clever enough to understand that Apple would not allow a sensor that can't read in all directions. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.