iPhone Alarm Glitch Sees Users Oversleep AGAIN

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

clonazepam

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2010
I wonder, of the people effected, how many of them thought it was a legitimate excuse for being late lol. (its not)

I've had little hiccups over the years with my cell phones and alarms on DST changes. On some models it doesn't immediately take effect until you actually open the phone and initiate some sort of communication, either by text or calling (Verizon). I've had LG, Motorola, and Samsung models over the years.

If being late is a serious problem, or issue for you, you should definitely have atleast 2 alarms. I would suggest 3, and do NOT place them all directly next to the bed. Atleast 1 alarm should require you to get up out of bed to disable.

This concludes my public service announcement (I was banned a few days ago for foul language hehehe).

igot1forya

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2008
It was a test by Steve Jobs on all Apple employees... If someone had showed up to work on time, they would be immediately fired for proof that they don't have an iphone. That Steve Jobs is sneaky like that. As for every other iphone user, they didn't really notice - but at least they seem more restful....

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
LOL dumbass iPhone users. Just buy an alarm clock. Problem solved. There's that old saying, too: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." Alarm clocks work just fine. Just because someone made up the catchphrase "There's an app for that!" doesn't mean you have to go buy it and try to consolidate. There are some things that shouldn't ever go away, LIKE alarm clocks.

In other (cough, cough) 'important' news, Kim Kardashian has a new hairstyle. I'm sure you all knew that too, because, oh hey..."There's an app for that!"

Djhg2000

Distinguished
May 16, 2009
So, the iPhone is "the best phone" and yet it's alarm clock is less reliable than the one in old Nokia dumbphones?

Maybe Apple should just stick to computers since most alarm clock apps on those platforms know what time it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.