iPhone HD Images Leaked? And Coming June 22?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

scuba dave

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2009
Does anyone even seem to remember the old days of getting roaming charges with cell phones IN the US, let alone sometimes within a town?

Back in the day cell phones were required to use their respective company's towers to get "free" service. If a rival's tower "had" to be used, you got roaming charges. Nowadays thats completely gone due to agreements between the rivals. With the exception of towers OUTSIDE the US.

So when you take that all together, Verizon's service map is basically the same as AT&T's. The same. The only difference is in 3G service maps. And as an active duty military member that travels quite a bit.. The only areas I've encountered with NO service are in long ass concrete tunnels, being MILES out to sea, or in a shielded building.. Or one with enough metal to function like shielding.

To get back on topic.. ugh. Its a fake. Its a shell. There is no silent toggle. The "spot" is there, but no "toggle" Same with the volume buttons. Next.

Abrahm

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2007
With phones like the Droid Incredible, EVO 4G, and Samsung Galaxy S coming out, Apple has little chance of making a phone with hardware that can compete for very long, and they will still be using an under functioning, locked down OS. They simply can't compete with Android.

gregor

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2004
[citation][nom]soldier37[/nom]The Droid, really? Verizon is for homos and chicks their phones clearly cater that way. Ive played with all their phones and it doesnt come close to the iphone. I'm not a apple fanboy but I do love my 32Gb 3GS it blows everything else away. Everyone I show it to are jealous of its screen and speed. No other phone compares period. The next gen will be even better so crawl back under your girly droid tleavit and stop being a sheep following along with people that hate Apple/Iphones and making comments of something you clearly no nothing about![/citation]

No, not a fanboy at all...

G

not an apple fanboy , i myself owns an android phone an iphone and a blackberry. The android phone is horrible. Duno if they improved but the htc magic is super slow, crashes all the time. the touch is also not responsive. had to send it for repairs 3 mnths after i got it. The iphone is brillant for apps, touch is super good, battery is horrible etc.. as a phone not soso, i prefer a small nokia 2700 classic. Teh blackberry doesn;t have anything special, people who owns it really love it but i just find it like any normal phone. As a developer, the apple sdk is miles ahead android's one which is still improving but way behind. People who own android phones usually also don't tend to buy any apps. The android market is full of rubbish.

firebld

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
I just wish the new Iphone HD released world wide on at the same time.. just cant wait.... must have gadget for 2010... along my PS3 slim, Dell M11....

G

It will be interesting to see what apple produces. Being that they can't make the chippery too much smaller - onto reducing the battery size - perhaps make use of the carbon-nano tube paper batteries that I have seen floating around of late.

Regardless of what your personal preference is when it comes to phone - I appreciate that people get passionate about it, it helps spur companies on to compete against each other. Not a fan personally of Iphone OS 4 - a couple of friends have tested it - just seems to include things that should have been on the 2G, keeping 3rd party apps open, having a background and camera zoom (which you could get an app for anyway?)

I am still yet to migrate from my N95 - have not come across anything worth spending out on an expensive contract for.

Ideal upgrade:-

12MP camera, with Xenon flash
32GB internal Storage with Micro SD upgrade
1Ghz Arm processor (samsungs new one, or the new dual core ones Arm's are set to release this year)
3.5mm headphone jack
Touchscreen/Qwerty
Some form of multi-tasking (not sure why no company has included a side by side multi-tasking yet - whats the point in running them in the background, some screens are big enough)
WiFi, bluetooth 3.0

many phones coming out have these features - but no one has made one including all of them yet? COME ON PEOPLE, MAKE THE DEVICE!!

Silmarunya

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
The iPad news posts have somewhat diminished. Now it's the next iPhone that starts popping up. Why on earth do hardware sites feed the rumours about Apple products so much, way more than they do with similar or even better products from other companies?

hillarymakesmecry

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2009
[citation][nom]Scuba Dave[/nom]Does anyone even seem to remember the old days of getting roaming charges with cell phones IN the US, let alone sometimes within a town?Back in the day cell phones were required to use their respective company's towers to get "free" service. If a rival's tower "had" to be used, you got roaming charges. Nowadays thats completely gone due to agreements between the rivals. With the exception of towers OUTSIDE the US. So when you take that all together, Verizon's service map is basically the same as AT&T's. The same. The only difference is in 3G service maps. And as an active duty military member that travels quite a bit.. The only areas I've encountered with NO service are in long ass concrete tunnels, being MILES out to sea, or in a shielded building.. Or one with enough metal to function like shielding.To get back on topic.. ugh. Its a fake. Its a shell. There is no silent toggle. The "spot" is there, but no "toggle" Same with the volume buttons. Next.[/citation]

Except that ATT is GSM and VZW is CDMA so they can't roam on their biggest rival's networks. VZW roams on Sprint and ATT roams on T-Mobile.

TunaSoda

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2005
I don't see how Apple can even compete against the Android movement anymore, I mean no matter what they do, they are still only one company making one phone, not like the handfull of makers (htc,moto...) that are making Android sets on all carriers...

lightnote

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2010
[citation][nom]FinlayG[/nom]LOL!!!! If you look really carefully you can see the wooden table surface through one of the holes in the "iPhone". This is such a pathetic fake. There is no way apple would make something like this. It is obviously only a shell (most likely a custom case).[/citation]

If you go to the Macrumours website this is more pronounced. It's obviously a fake.

pocketdrummer

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
Personally, it looks like a terrible 3d render. The image looks oddly grainy (to hide the "perfectness"), and the shadows seem a bit off.

I'm not one to yell "photoshop", but this seems pretty fake to me.

wifiwolf

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2009
duh, of course the image property would say photoshop. you don't access source image file but the publisher's... the only way is spotting glitches.

Parsifal57

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2009
Cue all the current iPhone 3gs owners to start complaining about how they've just bought their phone and they should be able to upgrade to the new phone for nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.