iPhone May Get Location-Based Security

Status
Not open for further replies.

quantumrand

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2009
LOL, Google just announced this feature for Android last week at Google IO. When will Apple stop stealing other's ideas? It's one thing to simply copy a good idea. It's the whole patenting it and playing it off as its own idea that makes Apple an unethical and despicable company.

Snake72

Estimable
Jun 25, 2014
LOL, Google just announced this feature for Android last week at Google IO. When will Apple stop stealing other's ideas? It's one thing to simply copy a good idea. It's the whole patenting it and playing it off as its own idea that makes Apple an unethical and despicable company.

I understand you're a fanboy, so you get a pass for shooting your mouth off. Did you bother to look at when the patent was filed?

Appl. No.: 13/731893
Filed: December 31, 2012

So in actuality Google is the one "stealing" ideas...

acadia11

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2010
The only reason I have a password is so people at home AKA my nosy axx GF doesn't go through my phone, duh ... think Apple, think.

Li Ken-un

Estimable
May 25, 2014
If Google invented the same idea the Apple already did, it's not stealing, but patent-infringement. I wouldn't doubt that both companies have moles within each other's teams though.

I understand you're a fanboy, so you get a pass for shooting your mouth off. Did you bother to look at when the patent was filed?

Li Ken-un

Estimable
May 25, 2014

If Google invented the same idea the Apple already did, it's not stealing, but patent-infringement. I wouldn't doubt that both companies have moles within each other's teams though.

I've been using an Android app which does this for almost 3 years now, since 2011.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1014116

The only difference with Apple's method appears to be that Apple uses two sources for location (WiFi + GPS) instead of just one (WiFi). That's a pretty obvious and thus non-patentable improvement to the original idea.

DontBotherMe

Estimable
Jul 4, 2014

Do not bother with Snake72. He is actually Otacon72 who has been banned a dozen times and keeps coming back.

As for your post, spot on. Apple is 3 years late. Apple is still trying to have half the options Android has.

I've been using an Android app which does this for almost 3 years now, since 2011.

The only difference with Apple's method appears to be that Apple uses two sources for location (WiFi + GPS) instead of just one (WiFi). That's a pretty obvious and thus non-patentable improvement to the original idea.

DontBotherMe

Estimable
Jul 4, 2014

Do not bother with Snake72. He is actually Otacon72 who has been banned a dozen times and keeps coming back.

As for your post, spot on. Apple is 3 years late. Apple is still trying to have half the options Android has.

Status
Not open for further replies.