iPhone OS 3.0 Available as Torrent

Status
Not open for further replies.

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
Or we can just go get it right now... :)

""Months ago, a torrented version of Apple's iWork '09 offered more than just the new office suite, but a nasty virus that infected thousands of Mac computers. ""

Macs get Virus?! :) jk

lejay

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2009
Oh, that was a little too easy on my ipod touch 1st gen. I doubt a virus can brick it and besides that I don't really care.
I will pay for the update when it comes though.

acecombat

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009
[citation][nom]Toms[/nom]Months ago, a torrented version of Apple's iWork '09 offered more than just the new office suite, but a nasty virus that infected thousands of Mac computers.
[/citation]
But I've seen the Apple ads. Only PCs can get infected with a virus, Macs are flawless

JMS3096

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2009
The iWork trojan was NOT a VIRUS! You had to grant it ADMINISTRATIVE ACCESS, and it was UNABLE to self-replicate!

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
Been using it for several months now as a developer. Unless you change your text message plan, which AT&T won't do (but a friend of mine did), you can't send MMS anyways so you are doing a lot of risk for a very little award and it will be released next week... High risk, low reward.

hok

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007
its interesting that they couldn't jailbreak this version as easily as the betas... seems like apple used the beta releases to play possum and then laid the groundwork for the jailbreak resistant Gold master... i think it may actually take a week to jailbreak instead of a day or two. :)

Kill@dor

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
I would just wait. Its just a week away or so...come on people. But knowing some, they will run the risk anyway which isn't a good idea in my opinion.

G

That article is very misleading. There are two versions of 3.0. One for the Iphone 2G and another for the Iphone 3g. And another one for the 3Gs next week. Also to note, if you don't register your IMEI/Serial number of your phone on the developers website, after the upgrade your phone will be bricked.

Status
Not open for further replies.