iPhone OS 4 Beta 4 Hints Camera for iPad, iPod

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

scuba dave

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2009
[citation][nom]Smochina[/nom]Seeing morons complaining about too many Apple news, makes my day. I already picture them rolling on the floor in agony. Priceless. Oh, I wrote this from my macbook. I bet this makes your heads explode. HHAHAHHAHA[/citation]

+1

I can't get enough of the whining. It's pure music to my ears. Even more so because I know, statistically speaking.. most of the ones whining have NEVER tried a single apple product.. Hell, I used to bash apple all the time..

I'm glad I grew up. And they wonder why we seem arrogant, cocky, and better than them?

Bashing apple doesn't make you seem cool. Nobody is clapping.

Its like smoking cigarettes..

It makes you look like an idiot.

"k thx bai"

Usersname

Distinguished
May 10, 2010
What's this? Amongst the first fifteen to dip I count a dozen or so anti-Apple comments posted by people who appear to have little or no understanding of free will. I thought such types were considered Appledroids. Many breeds of sheep bleat. Most stare vacuously.

Usersname

Distinguished
May 10, 2010
[citation][nom]eddieroolz[/nom]The OS can support any hardware, but at Apple, Lord Jobs will charge you $20 for an "update" that will enable the hardware.[/citation] Better than being charged a whole heap for Vista only to find it disabled your hardware. Not to worry though, MS can re-package (like nVidia), give it a bit of a face lift, slap on a new iteration number, take away functionality and charge their customers all over again. That's how capitalists like it. BTW, how much do you get robbed of each month to enable your mobile phone or internet connection?

So far today on THW I've seen Our Jobs referred to as God, Lord, Tyrant and Satan.

santfu

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2010
[citation][nom]usersname[/nom]Better than being charged a whole heap for Vista only to find it disabled your hardware. Not to worry though, MS can re-package (like nVidia), give it a bit of a face lift, slap on a new iteration number, take away functionality and charge their customers all over again. That's how capitalists like it. BTW, how much do you get robbed of each month to enable your mobile phone or internet connection?So far today on THW I've seen Our Jobs referred to as God, Lord, Tyrant and Satan.[/citation]

Your Jobs? and not sure what mobile phone/internet charges have to do with anything either.

Even Ballmer now admits vista was a mistake, but unlike m$ apple control everything, so it hardly seems fair to blame m$ if when they release a totally - ground up - different OS that not all of the millions of variations of PC's work first time.

It does seem an over-sight not having a camera on the iPad though. Then again, a long chat could start to make your arms ache.
On another note - I saw my first one the other day, the BBC F1 presenter was holding one, didn't see him do anything with it mind you.

tokenz

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2006
[citation][nom]usersname[/nom]Better than being charged a whole heap for Vista only to find it disabled your hardware. Not to worry though, MS can re-package (like nVidia), give it a bit of a face lift, slap on a new iteration number, take away functionality and charge their customers all over again. That's how capitalists like it. BTW, how much do you get robbed of each month to enable your mobile phone or internet connection?So far today on THW I've seen Our Jobs referred to as God, Lord, Tyrant and Satan.[/citation]

Lets see, how many hardware variations did Vista have to work with. How many does OSX have to work with. Oh thats right just one because thats the only way their os will work properly. To be honest I had Vista and it wasnt to bad.

As far as the other comment about being writing on a macbook. Nope my head is still here. You know unless you bought a macbook last month you are typing on 4 year old hardware right.

tokenz

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2006
[citation][nom]usersname[/nom]Better than being charged a whole heap for Vista only to find it disabled your hardware. Not to worry though, MS can re-package (like nVidia), give it a bit of a face lift, slap on a new iteration number, take away functionality and charge their customers all over again. That's how capitalists like it. [/citation]

Really funny coming from a mac user. Ipod touch repackaged every year for basic functionality, Same with the iphone. Tethering a year late, camera 4 generations late, same processors in the macbooks for years.
And last I checked apple fans were paying more for those rebranded nvidia cards. Which proves you arent all there in the head. You admit nvidia re brands their chips and continues to charge more for them, then you admit that you are an apple user that pays for those same chips. The sad part is you paid the apple tax on top of a re-badged card.

scuba dave

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2009
[citation][nom]tokenz[/nom]Really funny coming from a mac user. Ipod touch repackaged every year for basic functionality, Same with the iphone. Tethering a year late, camera 4 generations late, same processors in the macbooks for years. And last I checked apple fans were paying more for those rebranded nvidia cards. Which proves you arent all there in the head. You admit nvidia re brands their chips and continues to charge more for them, then you admit that you are an apple user that pays for those same chips. The sad part is you paid the apple tax on top of a re-badged card.[/citation]

Absolutely. They repackaged an OS, and slapped it on hardware. When vista came out, everyone still had the same hardware. Wait a second.. Nevermind.. Vista came out, was compatible with almost nothing, lol. Had to get new hardware and new programs JUST to use a severely problematic OS. I paid for something new with old software. Big deal. You paid for NEW software, then had to buy NEW hardware and NEW software JUST to use your pretty, yet unfunctional OS. Something tells me I'm still winning that fight, apple tax and all.

And yes, apple users have been paying apple tax, on top of everything for nvidia rebrands.. But still, in the end, apple products still WORKED. Yours didn't.

Now I'm not saying apple isn't without its flaws, but I still prefer their straight-forward highway robbery, than m$ and their methods. To each his own wouldn't you agree? I respect your choice. I'm only asking you to respect ours.

Oh, and btw's.. My main rig is a pc. Just sayin.

Usersname

Distinguished
May 10, 2010
[citation][nom]tokenz[/nom]Really funny coming from a mac user...last I checked apple fans were paying more for those rebranded nvidia cards. Which proves you arent all there in the head. You admit nvidia re brands their chips and continues to charge more for them, then you admit that you are an apple user that pays for those same chips. The sad part is you paid the apple tax on top of a re-badged card.[/citation] Do some bloody homework! Far, far more PC users pay additional extortion-racket money for rebranded GPU cards than Apple customers do for Mac GPU upgrades (or downgrades actually), because most Macs can't be fiddled with, so there is less opportunity for OEM's to rip off gullible customers who cream their diapers every time their specs suggest an extra fps can be squeezed out of a rig. PC customers are by far the more abused by this system of relentless upgrades. It costs time, resources, waste, $$$'s (and, it would appear, sanity).

You think Apple writes its OS for one Mac model? Until recently (10.6) Mac OS had to operate with dozens of legacy machines using different (PPC, x86) CPU's, GPU's, RAM etc., Apple have reduced the number of different machines but there are still quite a few supported Macs and future models to come...all will need supporting. Apple customers pay more for GPU's because the market is smaller not because Apple impose a tax. Despite this, my EVGA285GTX cost just about the same as the PC version. There was about $30.00 difference in price.

P.s. I use a Windows 7 Bit PC and a 64Bit Mac (each serves a different function).

Moshu78

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2010
[citation]"The iPad needs to cool down before you can use the flash."[/citation]

No one got it right... Adobe's Flash is coming to iPad but due to heavy loads on the processor sometimes you need to let the iPad cool down before you can view Flash content... FIXED :)

tester24

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
The major thing I do not like about Apple is that they make minor improvements for each release and make it like they were the first to do it, or it's be best thing since sliced bread, even though the feature has been used by other companies. Still can't believe that ever time people eat this shit for breakfast.

idisarmu

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2008
[citation][nom]sliem[/nom]Life was so much simpler when Apple was just a fruit.[/citation]

...or when holding one in your hand didn't make you into a "fruit".

tokenz

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2006
[citation][nom]usersname[/nom]Do some bloody homework! Far, far more PC users pay additional extortion-racket money for rebranded GPU cards than Apple customers do for Mac GPU upgrades (or downgrades actually), because most Macs can't be fiddled with, so there is less opportunity for OEM's to rip off gullible customers who cream their diapers every time their specs suggest an extra fps can be squeezed out of a rig. PC customers are by far the more abused by this system of relentless upgrades. It costs time, resources, waste, $$$'s (and, it would appear, sanity).You think Apple writes its OS for one Mac model? Until recently (10.6) Mac OS had to operate with dozens of legacy machines using different (PPC, x86) CPU's, GPU's, RAM etc., Apple have reduced the number of different machines but there are still quite a few supported Macs and future models to come...all will need supporting. Apple customers pay more for GPU's because the market is smaller not because Apple impose a tax. Despite this, my EVGA285GTX cost just about the same as the PC version. There was about $30.00 difference in price.P.s. I use a Windows 7 Bit PC and a 64Bit Mac (each serves a different function).[/citation]

I am not going to insult you because I dont really care, but first off 10.6 doesnt work with power pc processors, Second those laptops didnt just work when they recalled them, because of overheating. Third, Dozens of hardware platforms. WOW that is amazing, Dozens. Man they are good. Vista worked on hundreds of hardware platforms. It worked on mine, but mine wasnt ten years old either.
Not only that but you list CPU's, Ram, Graphics Cards. Lets see 10.6 works with intel cpu's (not power pc). Ram (all os's work with a bunch of different ram not a big deal) and Graphic cards (Nvidia only though unless ati writes a driver for it.) So good argument there. Apple is a closed system. That is why android will kill the iphone.

Status
Not open for further replies.