Solved! iPhone X: Front cam shows black screen anybody know a fix?

Feb 20, 2020
My rear camera and flashlight work fine just not the front facing cam. I’ve tried resetting the phone/ restarting the phone/ volume up + down + lock button restart. I read online that it could be something about the facial I.d. security preventing the front camera to be enabled. Anybody know or have a similar problem?

Solution
Hi, First you can go to Settings and try Reset All Settings. Your Settings will reset to the factory defaults. If you It didn't work, Restore your iPhone and Be aware by doing that your Data will be destroyed So make a backup.

if non of these worked, your front camera needs a replacement and you should ask for AppleCare.
Good luck.
Feb 22, 2020
Hi, First you can go to Settings and try Reset All Settings. Your Settings will reset to the factory defaults. If you It didn't work, Restore your iPhone and Be aware by doing that your Data will be destroyed So make a backup.

if non of these worked, your front camera needs a replacement and you should ask for AppleCare.
Good luck.

Reactions: Hellomoto123
Solution
Feb 20, 2020

Good luck.

Thanks for the response! That seems like my only option now right.