iPhone X Notch a Fail? What Designers Really Think

Status
Not open for further replies.

robbieadams1969

Prominent
Oct 21, 2017
This design is a huge fail no matter how much this site wants to praise Apple as it always does. If this design was put on an Android phone first, you can BET TOM'S GUIDE would be bashing it along with other sites like BGR, CENT and the VERGE
And if this design is so great and functional, it will be interesting to see it dissappear when the next iPhone is released because we all know it will be.

cromer985

Prominent
Oct 21, 2017
?If you ask me it's a fail. Even if they find a way to get rid of it in the future?, the ugly "memory" will remain, like the sun-burned outline of your watch on your wrist.

Sep 6, 2017
I think the notch is brilliant design, apple are masterminds at working out what will work and what wont, not just now but for the future too! The notch is is great, because if it wasnt there then we would have the same status bar as seen in previous iphones taking up a small part of every screen, but now with the notch there they can remove the status bar from the screen and leave any status bar elements in the empty space on the sides of the notch, thus freeing up more real estate on the screen! Its perfect!

khsharpe

Commendable
Oct 14, 2016
"Take the S8 and LG’s G6, which also came out earlier this year. Both phones offer extra-wide displays featuring virtual similar aspect ratios. You’d be able to tell the two devices apart after a bit, but it would take more than a quick glance."
for you to write this, it's hard to believe you've actually seen the two handsets in real life - because No, it's not

carl_diaz

Prominent
Sep 19, 2017
I don't buy Apple iPhones to show other people I own one, I buy it for the best technology and to please myself. The ears are absolutely terrible, I'll wait and see if by this time next year they will have a better design, and if they don't, I'll keep by 7 plus and still be happy with it and $1,000.00 bucks better off....

grojeans

Prominent
Oct 25, 2017
Xiaomi says you are very welcome and that it is fine that you decided to pretend it doesn't exist because it won't stop your steady decline in the markets. Huawei's already beaten you and Oppo's catching up with Xiaomi seeing huge growth year on year. Also Mi MIX fans are still laughing their butts off over the bunny ears.

grojeans

Prominent
Oct 25, 2017
For a product review site to be this biased though that's really bad. It's like when you find out your news source is actually very biased when it reports events. But usually when it comes to biased news you are aware enough to change sources. People don't put that much attention into product reviews sites so places like tom's guide can skew the truth to their hearts content.

Just to do a little damage just look up the Xiaomi Mi MIX and its release date. 2016 was when bezelless smartphones started. Everybody's been riding that trend ever since.

Status
Not open for further replies.