iPod Touch Bluetooth Unlocked by OS 3.0

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bjrolston

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2009
I installed the 3.0 update but cannot find out which Bluetooth products are compatible. The Motorola H375 does not seem to work. The iTouch can't seem to pair with it. Not going to waste my money and then find out it doesn't.

G

One word: iLounge

That's www.ilounge.com

Loads of highly useful anecdotes from happy and not-so-happy bluetooth headset users, A2DP and AVCRP tweakers

G

To Weirdo0815 ... Just linked my Motorola s9 bluetooth headset with my Touch and while I can't get the function buttons on the s9 to operate the Touch the sound is fantastic !!!

G

Yea i got my motorola S9's to work and they do sound great! but i cant get my Sony BT21Gs to sync. Im also a bit upset the skip forward and back function doesnt work on my S9s but the volume does.

lancea

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2009
The Sony Ericsson HBH-DS970 bluetooth headset pairs with my 2G Touch on OS 3.0. Play and pause work. Forward and back don't, nor is the song name displayed on the "remote". The sound quality isn't great, but then it isn't with my SE mobile either. The microphone doesn't work with Voice Memos. I haven't tried it with the Skype app.

mozero

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
I have both version of the ipod Touch and have upgraded to 3.0 for both. The first generation does not have bluetooth and the 2nd Gen does. In order to initiate you must go to the General Setting and first turn the Bluetooth function on and then pair with your device. I have only tried with my Oakley Orockers (stereo bluetooth sunglasses) and it definitely works. Will pause and play but does not appear to fast forward or move to next song (as well as other functions) the way my 32pin bluetooth adapter does. Next step for me is to see if the bluetooth will enable both listening and NIKE+ functions at the same time.

G

Have not had a lot of time to explore 3.0 update. But, I already have found the following new features useful: 1) Cut and Paste, 2) Landscape mode, 3) Search Page. Disappointments...1) The new voice memo feature requires that you buy headphones with a mic. Don't understand why Apple couldn't have used the itouch built in speaker as a mic when using this feature. After all, one person's little speaker is another person's microphone...physics speaking. 2) The inability to use the newly activated Bluetooth feature to connect to the internet using my cell phone as a modem with my unlimited wireless data plan. #2 is ESPECIALLY disappointing as having to be in a wifi area for internet access is the biggest Pain in the Butt for those of us who don't want to switch to AT&T in order to get an iPhone.

G

ok just to get back on that comment about not having the FM radio in the ipod touch.i know apple can be kinda dumb but microsoft put the FM radio in their Zune so i don't see why apple cant have an FM radio in the Ipod touch 2g. Heck, if it already has wifi internet and blutooth, why not the radio.

quique

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2009
guys does anyone know how to have the bluetooth signal and the integrated speakers of the iphone at the same time?
This is my purpose, I have a B&W Zepelin and want to have a subwoffer, to accomplis this I need an extra signal. The dock station signal will go to the Zepelin and the bluetooth signal will go to a bluetooth receiver which will be attached to the subwoffer.

G

how do I enable the bluetooth on my 16GB IPOD touch? I just got the motorola MOTOROKR S9-HD wireless headset and trying to get them paired up..HELP!

G

does anyone know if you can sync your ipod via the bluetooth connection? that would be fabulous!

G

Verizon's VZNavigator product uses assisted GPS (aGPS) which is a combination of the built-in GPS and network-based location based services. aGPS has a significant advantage over "standalone GPS" in that it can fix a location even without line of sight. In your article, you stated that Verizon BlackBerry customers had to "settle with triangulation options instead." This statement is extremely misleading. While triangulation is involved with aGPS, aGPS uses several other network components to provide very accurate location information. aGPS as a whole is much more accurate and consistent than just using the GPS receiver. This extra functionality costs more to offer, and therefore commands a certain premium. It is also worth noting that the Storm and Tour both support Standalone GPS, which means that they will work with Google Maps, etc. at no additional cost, in addition to supporting aGPS applications such as VZNavigator.

G

Wouldnt it be great if you could use your bluetooth enabled Itouch and connect through your blackberry bluetooth connection to get internet services....

G

i have a 2nd gen 16gb ipod touch. i wanted to use my bluetooth with skype. will that work or no?

Status
Not open for further replies.