Is Cylance available for home use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mez123

Prominent
Jul 9, 2017
Hi,

Earlier, I was reading into Anti-Malware services and found Cylance to be to most positively rated and saw that it has a detection rate of 99%, which is mind-blowing to say the least. So I went on the Cylance website and immediately figured that Cylance was geared towards workstations and organizations. However, I would like to ask if Cylance offered protection for the home. I only have one computer and wondered if I could purchase Cylance as an Anti-Malware solution.

Thanks

mdd1963

Distinguished
Was not Windows Defender rated at 100% detection last month?

Anyone can stack the tests to testing only against things known to be in definition database...; a flurry of sales could result, explaining why many tests are rigged to favor a particular product....

Need 'real world' reports....

Mez123

Prominent
Jul 9, 2017
So I know the Cylance marketing scheme is a bit much, however there is some legitamacy to their arguement.

"CylancePROTECT leverages artificial intelligence, algorithmic science, and machine learning to provide seamless and silent pre-execution attack prevention that is 99.9% effective with zero reliance on signatures, the cloud, or reputation lookups."

I understand that some AV companies 'rig' their tests to achieve a higher catch rate, but it seems their solution is ACTUALLY NEXTGEN, because they leverage AI for the sole purpose of stopping threats. Some retailers resell single licenses at roughly $60, but I'm not so sure that I trust resellers. My point was to know if Cylance themselves offer home protection.

Mez123

Prominent
Jul 9, 2017
I did, however they have not provided a response. I just wondered if anyone on the Tom's Hardware forums has had experience with purchasing a Cylance subscription for home use.

TechPR

Prominent
Jul 26, 2017

Hi - I work for Cylance, and there will be a home version coming in 2018. In the meantime, there are really affordable managed security services providers who can offer it to you at home now. Malware Managed and Cybrforce are two of those. https://www.malwaremanaged.com/ and https://cybrforce.com/

jdy104

Prominent
Sep 28, 2017
I normally don't post much, but when it come to a product that I believe is game changing I have to speak up. Last year I purchased Cylance for 5 yrs for my company. I did so because during demo period I had 3 perpetration testers write custom malware for it over the span of 3 weeks, testing the product based on time installed, what revision and weather it was connected to the internet or not. (as well as the standard OS version, patches in stalled, applications installed, and their versions) By week 4 we were only able to get 1 piece of malware to work an hour, on a machine that was a new installation not connected to the internet. This could have been a false positive, as we were never able to repeat the test to attain the same outcome with the same aforementioned variables in place. That being said, we have been running it over a year and it was done very well. We still write malware for it during internal security checks, but have not gotten anything else to stick. I can't see myself going back to anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.