is gyroscope important

kumarsaurabhraj

Honorable
Jun 8, 2013
Hello to all....
I am planning to buy a cheap cellphone for my little brother but I am unable to decide between moto g gen 1 and gen 2 so which should I chose?.... The only major difference I see among the two is the lack of gyroscope in gen 1 so will this cause a major issue he is not a serious gamer just a casual one!.. In what sort of this other than gaming will the lack of gyroscope can be felt?.....

Solution
Hi,

I never really looked into phones so never knew they had gyroscopes but I have used them before as I build and fly models (plane,helicopters) and you would use them in helicopters. It should just give better control to the phone when playing games that you would tilt forward,backward,left and right.

beefy

Distinguished
May 22, 2004
Hi,

I never really looked into phones so never knew they had gyroscopes but I have used them before as I build and fly models (plane,helicopters) and you would use them in helicopters. It should just give better control to the phone when playing games that you would tilt forward,backward,left and right.

Solution

shahbaz200

Honorable
Apr 20, 2012
Gyroscope helps to turn your aim in Shooting games in 3D way. Camera uses it to make Photo Spheres. There should be other uses too but I guess mostly it is used in Games. Absence of it doesn't makes a huge difference I think.

cvzalez

Commendable
Nov 28, 2017

Gyroscope makes your phone knows when you turn around when not moving several meters in the same direction, so it makes GPS go to directions faster, for example when you make a U turn, your GPS app will immediately show that you are turning around, it's very used in 3D games that makes possible to know if you moved left or right, down or up, because of this it makes possible to shoot photo spheres, photo spheres are 360 degrees photo panoramas, it knows in which direction the photo was taken and then it stitches in a globe panorama. Keep in mind GPS go to directions works without gyroscope, but the software will have to calculate your direction by comparing the last coordinate with the new one, so when you make turns, or on a roundabout phones with gyroscope, GPS and GPS software that can use the gyroscope info will be faster to show your car/walking movements.