is importing a laptop from usa to India safe

May 2, 2018
I want to buy a laptop from USA and I have said friend to bring it for me .would it be safe importing it from USA whether there will be any problem related to warranty issues and service issues and how much should I afford to buy a laptop I don't play a lot of games .

If you want to ensure warranty service is available, buying from a more local distributor should be a smoother route to go..
UAE and India would be considered "Asia", generally speaking - although there may be variants available, and it's not a definite.

Using ASUS as an example, provide either a 1 or 2 year warranty and specifically state "international".
https://www.asus.com/in/About_ASUS/Warranty/
Now, what that means in practice, is anybodies guess. On the face of it, I'd assume transferable & applies internationally..... but maybe now.

Typically, acquiring warranty service (should you need it), is tied to the region in which is was purchased.
Not that it's impossible to get around, sometimes.... but contacting your local ASUS etc with a serial number from the US, may be tough.

May 2, 2018
Yes ,so is buying a laptop from USA a better choice or is it from DUBAI
Can u plz suggest me a good and updated laptop .
I don't play a lot of games and it for the college use and a little bit of gaming

If you want to ensure warranty service is available, buying from a more local distributor should be a smoother route to go..
UAE and India would be considered "Asia", generally speaking - although there may be variants available, and it's not a definite.

Using ASUS as an example, provide either a 1 or 2 year warranty and specifically state "international".
https://www.asus.com/in/About_ASUS/Warranty/
Now, what that means in practice, is anybodies guess. On the face of it, I'd assume transferable & applies internationally..... but maybe now.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Jmancru Laptop General Discussion 1
E Laptop General Discussion 0
J Laptop General Discussion 3
F Laptop General Discussion 3
W Laptop General Discussion 1
T Laptop General Discussion 4
H Laptop General Discussion 1
P Laptop General Discussion 3
J Laptop General Discussion 2
E Laptop General Discussion 1
N Laptop General Discussion 3