Solved! Is it doable to change the outer glass(digitizer) of the screen ?

May 28, 2019
Hello , unfortunately , i cracked my Xiaomi's mi 9se screen . Is it possible to change only the outter glass ? I found out online many replacements, but i have asked many stores if they are going to handle the situation ,but they cant ... They told me that the only option is to change the whole screen (220 euro). I am from Greece btw, if you know any store in EU which handles this kind of problem please inform me , THANK YOU

May 28, 2019
I found this one of many on the UK eBay site https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/For-Xiao...692553?hash=item287dc40e49:g:EW0AAOSwsMBdHLui

Send a message to the seller and ask if he can post it to Greece. If not I could buy one or three from him and send it to you.

Problem is, it's going to take time and with some luck, we'll be out of the EU. My money is on Greece next.
[/QUOT
I found this one of many on the UK eBay site https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/For-Xiao...692553?hash=item287dc40e49:g:EW0AAOSwsMBdHLui

Send a message to the seller and ask if he can post it to Greece. If not I could buy one or three from him and send it to you.

Problem is, it's going to take time and with some luck, we'll be out of the EU. My money is on Greece next.

thank you for your answer and interest, but I am not intrested in tempered glasses but in changing the screen's digitizer !

May 28, 2019
The last time I saw anyone cut with that method, they were taking the horns of a young bull. :D

Trawl through the online sales or auctions for an identical mobile that has problems other than display ones.

My Samsung power socket refused to hold a cable and rather than scrap it, I bought a broken one for very little money. It was only to be the charger for my battery and it also came with a working battery of its own.

I was lucky to find the seller was wrong about the major problem - it was only a software issue, quite quickly fixed so I now have two working phones and three batteries.

So you want to send your broken device to an EU store and let them do the glas replacement?

The digitizer is integrated in the display, the glue between the broken glas and display/digitizer/touch has to be removed.

Usually stores don´t replace only the glas, because the man-hour will cost more than the display + dis-/reassembling in the EU.

A display will cost about 135€ + man-hour 85€ -> 220€
man-hour 150€ + material 22€ ->175€ in best case scenario

If you do it yourself:
22€ glas with removal tools and glue + UV lamp 20€-> 42€
https://www.ebay.de/i/262522784415?...MIhrCvo4r25QIVQud3Ch2loA_xEAQYAiABEgK2kPD_BwE

Eventually you have a repair cafe in your region.

I tried this once by myself, the glas got really easy of the display, but the reapplying of the glue was messy. Only had a UV flashlight and couldn´t dry all of the glue. Everytime I pressed the phone a bit, some glue came out of it 🤯
There are very good youtube videos about this topic

Last edited:
Reactions: Crazy_dentist
May 28, 2019
So you want to send your broken device to an EU store and let them do the glas replacement?

The digitizer is integrated in the display, the glue between the broken glas and display/digitizer/touch has to be removed.

Usually stores don´t replace only the glas, because the man-hour will cost more than the display + dis-/reassembling in the EU.

A display will cost about 135€ + man-hour 85€ -> 220€
man-hour 150€ + material 22€ ->175€ in best case scenario

If you do it yourself:
22€ glas with removal tools and glue + UV lamp 20€-> 42€
https://www.ebay.de/i/262522784415?...MIhrCvo4r25QIVQud3Ch2loA_xEAQYAiABEgK2kPD_BwE

Eventually you have a repair cafe in your region.

I tried this once by myself, the glas got really easy of the display, but the reapplying of the glue was messy. Only had a UV flashlight and couldn´t dry all of the glue. Everytime I pressed the phone a bit, some glue came out of it 🤯
There are very good youtube videos about this topic
I really appreciate your help , Thanks a lot !