Question Is it good to put your laptop on 'Battery saver' mode 24/7?

Jan 24, 2022
Okay, I know this sounds stupid but I used to put my laptop on 'Battery saver' mode 24/7, and I had been doing that for some months now. But a month ago from today, I stopped doing it and I no longer manually put my laptop on Battery Saver mode 24/7. So, now that I no longer put my laptop on Battery saver mode all the time anymore, I want to confirm that was it likely to do any harm to my laptop?

Reactions: scarlettm59

scarlettm59

Prominent
Aug 25, 2021
Okay, I know this sounds stupid but I used to put my laptop on 'Battery saver' mode 24/7, and I had been doing that for some months now. But a month ago from today, I stopped doing it and I no longer manually put my laptop on Battery Saver mode 24/7. So, now that I no longer put my laptop on Battery saver mode all the time anymore, I want to confirm that was it likely to do any harm to my laptop?

I thinks there is no issue with that, but you should give some time off and use the laptop with high usage too.

Reactions: SithLord1109

Etrius vanRandr

Prominent
BANNED
May 11, 2022

All "battery saver" does is drop the CPU down to its base clock and drop the screen brightness. If your laptop has a dedicated graphics chip like mine, it also forces the GPU down to its lowest 3D P-state.