Question Is it normal having this strange yellowish oily fluid leaking from my JBL T205 earphones?

Apr 11, 2019
I have this JBL T205 bluetooth earphone, My sister bought it for me since July of 2018. And this happened, it got cuts from the wire connecting/between the control and the earbud, , then this yellowish oily fluid started leaking from that cut, and then the coats on that wire starts to get softer and the texture got more fragile on the rubber coat, like when you pinch It ,the rubber easily comes off like some dead skin.

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2019
I don’t think so, are you having an issue with connecting or listening?
well nothing's wrong with the sound or functionality of the device, connection & are fine. I was just surprised that there's this oily fluid coming out from the cuts. First thought in mind was it might be some chemical reaction from humidity I guess. It smells like an oil we used for machines don't know what you call that, but it's not that strong. No idea what caused this substance to come out.

DionL

Great
Apr 2, 2019
Have you ever use these earphones in water? Are you always tangling your cables when you’re not using these earphones. It could be electronic grease coming out, you should be careful. Or discontinue the earphones and use other earphones or headphones.

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2019
Have you ever use these earphones in water? Are you always tangling your cables when you’re not using these earphones. It could be electronic grease coming out, you should be careful. Or discontinue the earphones and use other earphones or headphones.
I actually did clean it with water like wiping it with a cloth,

Aug 9, 2019
I have the same exact headphones and this happened to me as well. I don't know if its some sort of protective liquid but it's weird as hell. It was like popping an acne, I didn't cut the cable tho, my cable just had a bulge kept growing, I squeezed and then it released the orange oily thing