Is it possible to save a file somehow created in Illustrator CS4? (there is no autobackup in this brilliant program)

Skaldr

Estimable
Mar 25, 2015
I got carried away a bit and forgot to save the file that i ought to complete at the scheduled time. Ajust Color menu froze up and did not want to close. No error messages nor warnings. At last it closed and now i am do not know what to do. I found no temp files in a hard drive and have no backup.
I don`t understand, is it so hard for developers to add an autobackup feature in Illustrator? The only program remains in the whole world without it, except maybe MS Paint.

Eternal One

Estimable
Apr 1, 2015
If the work doesn't save throughout the day in the hope of Illustrator's/Windows's/hardware's bug-free, then this is true only for a naive girls. And it turns out as in the joke:"wrote the story, closed Word without saving, how to recover the text?”

Try to find something in a common Windows folder Local settings\Temp , though, as I understand it, the urgency has passed.

Read this, maybe helps in the matter: http://www.filerepairforum.com/forum/adobe/adobe-aa/illustrator/1887-data-retrieval-from-a-damaged-ai-file

And download an AutoHotKey. Put a script code in a file with the ahk extension, such as Autosave.ahk and put a shortcut in the startup
Loop
{
IfWinActive, ahk_class illustrator
{
sleep 15*60000
send ^s
}
}
The script will emulate pressing Ctrl + S at the active Illustrator's window every 15 minutes. Time course can be changed to your wishes.

Eternal One

Estimable
Apr 1, 2015
If the work doesn't save throughout the day in the hope of Illustrator's/Windows's/hardware's bug-free, then this is true only for a naive girls. And it turns out as in the joke:"wrote the story, closed Word without saving, how to recover the text?”

Try to find something in a common Windows folder Local settings\Temp , though, as I understand it, the urgency has passed.

Read this, maybe helps in the matter: http://www.filerepairforum.com/forum/adobe/adobe-aa/illustrator/1887-data-retrieval-from-a-damaged-ai-file

And download an AutoHotKey. Put a script code in a file with the ahk extension, such as Autosave.ahk and put a shortcut in the startup
Loop
{
IfWinActive, ahk_class illustrator
{
sleep 15*60000
send ^s
}
}
The script will emulate pressing Ctrl + S at the active Illustrator's window every 15 minutes. Time course can be changed to your wishes.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
PepeTheDog Apps General Discussion 3
S Apps General Discussion 6
A Apps General Discussion 5
T Apps General Discussion 1
S Apps General Discussion 4
T Apps General Discussion 1
M Apps General Discussion 1
M Apps General Discussion 1
R Apps General Discussion 1
M Apps General Discussion 2
G Apps General Discussion 1