Is it possible to transfer Origin games?

CHERRYxMUSTANG

Honorable
Apr 13, 2013
Hello to you and everyone who reads this,

So my predicament is that I recently moved into the countryside on my farm, I have no internet connection out there save for my phone which has only 7GB of hotspot. I do however have internet at my old house and have been using it to download huge files such as all my games. It is quite an ordeal though as transporting the case is a problem in my small car. With that bit of background about my situation out of the way.

MY QUESTION IS, is it possible to transfer the games files from my laptops SSD to my desktop by moving the SSD into my Desktop and then add the games registry addresses into my desktops registry? Both machines are Windows 8.1.

I believe that if I can view the registry files of my laptops registry on the SSD through my desktop's file system. I should be able to copy over the registry addresses and then my desktop could find and play the games, right? It makes perfect sense in my head at least. Since when a program is installed through an installation wizard, it places the files in the drive you chose and then installs the registry addresses so the computer will know where to look for them. Correct me if I'm wrong and then please enlighten me. :)

Has anyone tackled this before? Anyone able to pull it off? As long as I have both computers with origin, my account and the record of my purchases on both machines. I think I shouldn't run into any game security implications. Still makes legal and possible sense right?

Thanks by the way for reading this if you actually made it through all that. :D

Your helpful / subject related comments and suggestions are very welcome plus appreciated!

Hi,

You don't need to transfer the actual registry file you'll just need the file folder for that games. You can also just use a flash drive to do these steps.
- Go to the location of where the Origin games are saved. (ex. C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\)
- Copy the folder of the game you would like to transfer into your flash driver or transfer it to your other PC (save them into the desktop first)
- To your new PC, install EA Origin.
- Once installed sign in to Origin then exit Origin completely. This will set up the relevant folders you need to put the copied game folders from your laptop.
- Again in your desktop PC where you just installed Origin navigate to the folder where Origin has been installed (ex. C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\) then copy and paste those game folders into the Origin folder.
- Login to Origin on the desktop PC once transfer is completed.
- The game you transferred should then install from those files you already did played from your laptop.

CHERRYxMUSTANG

Honorable
Apr 13, 2013

--- I will try this out when I get the chance later todayand report back if it works.
Thanks for the detailed process. :D

CHERRYxMUSTANG

Honorable
Apr 13, 2013

Exactly where I got my thinking that this is possible lol, but I have only done it from one drive to another in my desktop. I can't wait to try this and see if it works.