Question Is it possible to update bios withou a battery on toshiba satellite-l40 b

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 29, 2019
I really need to update my bios but my battery is dead ( only works when plugged to the wall) is there a way to do so on Toshiba satellite L40-B?
Back story
I bought my computer in 2014 with bios 1.0 and windows 8 when win10 arrive I did the update but since couple of years the update from windos10 was not working . I finnaly tried to look why and window support told me: you can’t run update because the bios is not up to date . So I tried to update the bios in win10 : didn’t work ( had An error message saying no bios can be flashed) so Toshiba tech support told me I should install win8 to try to run the update for the 1.4 bios from win8 instead of win 10 answers then installing win10. I dis so but Now I’m win8 the error I got running the bios update is that : Power state is not safe for bios update please check AC battery status .
Since my battery is dead and that my cumputer only work when plugged in ,
Is there any way to bypass that and make the update to bios 1.4 ?
Help me please
Thanks a lot

If the BIOS has an update you can run from a bootable disk that may not check for battery status. If it still checks you will need to check with the laptop support people or documentation for the BIOS version to see if there is a way to put in a switch to the setup program to ignore battery status.

It's setup so you don't brick your laptop if the cord gets yanked or power is lost during a BIOS flash.

Status
Not open for further replies.