Solved! Is my laptop dead?

Jun 6, 2019
Hi and good day
I wanna ask for help because i was using my laptop last night then suddenly it froze for like 1 and a half hour so i decided to force shutdown it and it worked then after that i proceeded to turn it back on then suddenly it showed me “Your pc ran into a problem” screen then after proceeding after that it all turned black i waited for another hour to check then still nothing happens i tried factory resetting it but still doesnt work after pressing alt+f10 it proceeds to the black screen the only thing i can access is the bios which little do i know of can u tell me whats wrong is my laptop still gonna be fixed or its dead? Thanks! Been with this laptop since 2013

Model: Aspire E-15 core i7 nvidea geforce 840m laptop bought it on 2013

Solution
A download from Microsoft's own website won't "turn pirated". If your existing installation is legitimate, the new one will activate automatically. If the installation you have is a pirate, it would explain why it fell over. MS may have been in and messed around with it..
It seems Windows has gone rogue on you and it happens frequently. I suggest you protect your personal files by removing the hard drive from inside the case. A local professional would do that for you and also sell you a caddy to allow you to slave it to another computer.

That way you can remove those files to that computer then delete as much as you can before putting the drive back in. If it still fails to open properly, you would need a USB memory stick and a free utility named Rufus to convert a download of your Windows version into a bootable stick that can reinstall Windows.

Reactions: Renzhaha
Jun 6, 2019
Thanks for the quick reply! Fortunately my laptop was able to get through the blackscreen but its gone stuck again giving me a blue blank screen im gonna assume atm its the windows recovery menu. I will try to open it and remove the hdrive to get it checked probably gonna buy a separate caddy not alot of ppl other that kind of service here in ph atleast in my area. Assuming it doesnt work and i have to download the tool and get a mem stick is the downloaded version of windows would turn pirated right?

A download from Microsoft's own website won't "turn pirated". If your existing installation is legitimate, the new one will activate automatically. If the installation you have is a pirate, it would explain why it fell over. MS may have been in and messed around with it..

Solution
Jun 6, 2019
Update: I was able to format it but it is still running very slow after that “incident” i might as well get the hdisc checked. My windows had license i was just afriad that it might be not if i downloaded from the web and i didnt know you could do those things in microsoft website. Thanks alot!

As to the hard disk, if you can wait patiently, go to c:\windows\system32 and right click on the file cmd.exe. Choose RunAs Administrator then at the prompt in the Command Form opens up, type
chkdsk /r
then it the Enter key.

The Checkdisk command should seek out and find any hard disk anomalies and the /r (for repair) switch should fix anything nasty it finds.