Is my laptop enough for 3d max and maya work loads???

ssjhac

Estimable
Nov 19, 2014
Hey Guys,

Thanx a lot in advance.

I have an ASUS 550 JK with the following approx.specs (im typing this from my office and the laptops at home)

Screen Size approx. 15.3 inches
Processor 2.40 GHz (approx. if not higher).Intel Core i7 4th gen
RAM 16 GB
Hard Drive 1000 GB
Graphics Coprocessor nVIDIA GeForce GTX 850M 4GB DDR3

These are the approx. specs.

Now my doubt is im planning to start studying 3D Max and Maya so will this laptop be enough for small to medium level of work load? Ive checked in the sites of 3d Max and Maya and they have not mentioned the graphics card that i have (the 850m geforce) as compatible or even as minimum requirements.

Can someone help me with this doubt of mine...

Best rgds
Sajith

Solution
Those programs should work, although the video card is not certified for use with them. If there is a demo of the programs you can download, simply do that and see how they run. While it will be slower than if you ran them on a Quadro or FireGL card of the same range as the 850M, your system is fast enough to brute force the programs into running well even if not optimized.
Those programs should work, although the video card is not certified for use with them. If there is a demo of the programs you can download, simply do that and see how they run. While it will be slower than if you ran them on a Quadro or FireGL card of the same range as the 850M, your system is fast enough to brute force the programs into running well even if not optimized.

Solution