Is pdp afterglow worth the money?

Status
Not open for further replies.

finity

Honorable
Jun 25, 2013
They're wired and cost $49.99 but online it says they're 99.99. I actually bought them knowing I would return them later. I'm just browsing newegg and amazon for now, any suggestiong? I never owned a headset, should I just keep these $50 Afterglows, or look into better craftsmanship.

i bought them from gamestop.

RazerZ

Honorable
Herald
Aug 18, 2013
No. Subpar audio and build quality makes them not even worth considering. You have much better options out there for the same price. If you want the best bang for your buck get a decent pair of headphones and add a mic to them.

finity

Honorable
Jun 25, 2013
That looks like a nice set up, but how much quality is lost through the microphone and adapter? I care more about a mic then headphones. I'll use my $20 ear buds lol.

finity

Honorable
Jun 25, 2013
i have no idea what an equalizer is. i'm certain there's not a human on earth that supports torrenting lmao. but no i dont have any software, is equalizer one?

RazerZ

Honorable
Herald
Aug 18, 2013
What motherboard are you using?

An equalizer is a program used to adjust the sound levels of different frequencies. Ex, adding a 12db boost to your lower frequencies ( 125 Hz and below) would result in a bass boost.

Here's a pic of one:

equalizer.png

RazerZ

Honorable
Herald
Aug 18, 2013
You should have an equalizer program then. Try looking for your Realtek Audio software in control panel. If you change the settings from there it affects all audio from programs on the pc, not just your music.

RazerZ

Honorable
Herald
Aug 18, 2013
I wouldn't change anything. At this price the mics you get should be around the same quality. I stuck with the Neewer since I could find a review on it testing the mic quality. See here (it's the lapel version of the mic)

[video="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9GI_cnzom4"][/video]

It sounded decent enough to me for the very low price tag. A step up would be an Antlion Modmic but that itself costs $50.

finity

Honorable
Jun 25, 2013
Thanks for the help. Do you think i'm paranoid for wanting to use some kind of vocal filters or equalizer setting. There's just something about my voice i dont like. It can sound weak at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.