Is Sling TV's $20-per-Month Streaming TV Plan Worth It?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marty Dube

Estimable
Jan 5, 2015
You bet its worth it. It will only get better with time. So Ill sit back and enjoy my new drinking device http://www.thedranktank.com/product/the-drank-tank/

darnit

Estimable
Jan 5, 2015
For clarity's sake, the service is "Sling TV". It's referred to as both Stream and Sling throughout the article...

reality chick

Estimable
Feb 19, 2015
I hate the whole concept of paying for stuff I don't like. Paying for espn for me, is like getting a double hotel room to use one or buying a pack of starburst just to eat the 2 Orange ones- makes no sense.

I wish they let us choose our channels for a subscription. Like 4 or 5 for $20 a month. like cartoon network, amc, a&e, and food network for $20.

When a company gets the sense to let us pay for what we want, they will put the rest in the dust.

Companies that offer multiple channels could bundle them and do their own streaming subscription.

I think the subscription price plus 15-20 minutes of commercials for only a few channels is a little much. That just makes them as bad as charter/Comcast in the greed department. If only they'd pay attention to their customers.

Rahman22

Estimable
Mar 27, 2015
I don't think you are doing your math correctly.

I'm pretty sure ANY cable package would be "in addition to" most peoples internet service. Internet/wi-fi at home is like water and electricity. I think most of us just can't do without.

So the question becomes: Do I really need "Both"? I came to the conclusion, the answer is "no". If I can get "most" of what I and the family watch by streaming on our existing internet, why pay an entire extra bill for:
TV/cable, state+fed+county+telecom taxes and fees (usually $14-$20) and
"bill stuffing" errors and tactics from most of these monopoly carriers?
i.e. You cannot add the internet cost into your analysis/comparison, because tv or no tv, we must have internet.

IMHO

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.