Is the Inspiron 1520 15.4 in wide good for me?

Flying_Franky

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2007
Hey i am looking at a laptop to replace my big fat PC. Because i am moving into my dads house and i hve no room for it.
Anyways. I am looking at a dell inspiron 1520 15.4 in widescreen some specs are::::

-Intel® Core™ 2 Duo T5250 (2MB cache/1.5GHz/667Mhz FSB),
-1GB Shared Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHz, 2 Dimm
-80G 5400RPM SATA HDD
-ntel® Graphics Media Accelerator X3000
-8X CD/DVD Burner (DVD+/-RW) with double-layer DVD+R write capability
-56 WHr 6-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery

For the battery im not really worried about life because i will usually be on the Ac power adapter thing or w.e its called. And i will usually just be surfing the internet maybe play some low key games like starcraft etc. Nothing fancy. Maybe download some movies, watch movies, im a big fan of music so thats pretty much where the 80 gigs is going to go to. So let me know if i should look into this more or if not point me to another one.

Thanks.

g-paw

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2006
What's your budget? Given upgrading laptops is more expensive than PCs, I think it's best to get what you want at the time of purchase. I would go with 2GB of RAM and a bigger hard drive. Might be worth considering AMD if it's tight to be able to upgrade RAM, hdd, and possibly video. If your into music, you'll definitely what external speakers and Dell will let you up grade the audio card but not sure if it's worth it.