Is the NOS purposely ment to be installed on computers in an organization or schools that the main purpose is to share data on

dwumah100

Estimable
Sep 12, 2014
I want to know if the Network Operating System (NOS) is the best OS suitable to be installed on computers purposely or meant for sharing data in a school. Like a school has one computer in each class, whereby teachers input the class exams report, check class attendant etc. Whiles the Administration can have access to all of this information on time in the office.
And what OS will you recommend for a school computers, whereby sharing and printing is possible at a time?

Solution
If I am not mistaken the software we used while I was teaching at a private school was admin+ from Rediker software. Each teacher had it installed on the classroom computer. We entered attendance for each class every day as well as grades. It has a report card function as well as other functions. It was a handy tool to have and was much better than the days when we used an Excel spreadsheet to enter grades and turn in an attendance form. Another plus for the software was that you could download an app and enter grades from a tablet or laptop computer as well. This meant some of the entering of grades could be done from home.

When I left the school was running Windows 7 on all of the computers and we worked off a server...
NOS is a generic term, and does not refer to any particular operating system.
What you refer as requirements (classes, exams, reports) is not an operating system but an application. As for OS for school - it all depends on money and skills of the supporting staff. You will want a system where you can easily restore student computers to a predetermined state, and don't allow them to play Doom ;)

If I am not mistaken the software we used while I was teaching at a private school was admin+ from Rediker software. Each teacher had it installed on the classroom computer. We entered attendance for each class every day as well as grades. It has a report card function as well as other functions. It was a handy tool to have and was much better than the days when we used an Excel spreadsheet to enter grades and turn in an attendance form. Another plus for the software was that you could download an app and enter grades from a tablet or laptop computer as well. This meant some of the entering of grades could be done from home.

When I left the school was running Windows 7 on all of the computers and we worked off a server, Needless to say there were sites that were blocked to keep the students away from inappropriate and gaming sites. One had so submit a request to the network admin. to get a block taken off a site.

Solution