Is the security setup for my new pc good?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Marika_1

Estimable
Sep 10, 2015
Im using window 10, Firewall on, window defender off, BitDefender for real-time protection. I mainly use this pc for gaming. Im a pretty secure person, i wont click on those "sketchy link". Most of the time on internet, i only go to Youtube.

Antivirus, Malware: (I scan with all of these once a week)
-Bitdefender free edition
-Window Defender full scan.
-Eset online scan
-Malwarebyte AntiMalware
-Adwcleaner
-Rkill
-Sophos Virus removal tool
-Junkware removal
-Roguekiller

Chrome extension:
-Https everywhere
-Ublock origin

Internet password is strong.

Is this enough or maybe way too much? Any advices is appreciated. :)

Solution

USAFRet

Illustrious

I don't know about Origin or Uplay, but that is outdated for Steam games.

Moving a Steam game to another drive is now built into the Steam client:
To move an already installed game
Games library
Right click the game
Properties
Local Files
Move Install Folder

Marika_1

Estimable
Sep 10, 2015

Alright thanks.

aquielisunari

Distinguished

I don't see that as being entirely correct. While that is a way to move games between existing folders the procedure I mentioned allows the user to create and then move the folder. Your way lacks the creation part. It is just another way of petting the cat.

@Marika_1 After you have created your new Steam folder on your backup, the steps mentioned by USAFRet is a quicker way of getting that backup done.

However let's say you have dozens of games like I do. Do I want to do that for all of my games? No. After I follow those steps provided on that page and have arrived at my backup common folder I can simply select all of my game folders, drag and drop into my new common folder.

Now after that is done any new games you want to back up would be simpler to do through Steam.

USAFRet

Illustrious

From your link, the Option 2 is basically the same thing as I mentioned.

The Option 1 is simply creating symlinks, to have the game be on a different drive, but the Steam client thinking it is where it used to be.
I despise symlinks.

aquielisunari

Distinguished

Ah yes. Thank you for that. I always say OPTION 2. I failed Tom's Hardware :(. Please always follow option two. The way you mentioned has the user right click, properties......... for each and every game. The way I mentioned has them select all of their folders at once, drag and drop(or select all folders, right click, copy and paste) to new folder.

Like I said it's simply another way of petting the cat. Just another option.