Is There a Limit to What You Can Do in an Apple Store?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

amigafan

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2011
Come on Tom's! This isn't TUAW!

And I don't care this is Tom's Guide, link to this *is* also on Tom's Hardware. With that said, I have iPad and iPod touch and I check TUAW for Apple news often, but seeing Apple-centric "news" here too is really overkill.

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
[citation][nom]dameon51[/nom]But can they play crysis?[/citation]

I somehow never get bored of this... :D

[citation][nom]Pyromaniaca[/nom]Anyone tried building a PC in an Apple store? You'll be culled...[/citation]

Worth trying ;)

Do you think that the goat is a mac or a pc?

Lol...can't believe that genius said mac...it just proves that macs are good at eating grass :D

G

I think it would be great to run around installing windows on some of their machines.

Thilindi

Distinguished
May 29, 2009
I just have two things to say:

1. When he said he was going to try to get his iPhone fixed dressed as the most evil man in the Universe, I wondered why Steve Jobs needed an iPhone repair.

2. One thing you aren't allowed to do in an Apple store? Be humble.

SmileyTPB1

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2006
@Thilindi

I had always pictured Steve Jobs as Sauron from LOTR. Apple does have a "One Ring to Rule Them All" philosophy about their products.

bobbyp86

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2011
Shame it's not like this in the UK, in the Southampton store a few years ago my girlfriend was told "these computers are for people who are going to buy one" whilst looking at the macbooks with enough money in the bank to buy any model she wanted!

Needless to say she never has bought one to this day!

professorprofessorson

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2011
[citation][nom]will_chellam[/nom]I'm taking in my hackintosh to ask them to install Lion on it....[/citation]

Better yet, try opening a real computer store inside of a fake apple store inside a real apple store, in China.

arkadi

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2008
Well lucky you....come Apples dealer in Israel "IDigital" the worst dealer I worked with...And I am working for big organisation in public sector. Last example 2 weeks and counting for new misconfigued IMac 27" hd replacement...and that before payment...wonder how the service will be.

snotling

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2002
all it takes is a bunch of guys storming in and browsing all macbooks, imacs ans ipads to the Dell homepage (or HP) and keep doning it faster than the staff can change it back to something else.

pale paladin

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2009
hmm think of it like this. If I were robbing you blind I would be tolerant of many things.
Similarly apple has the tolerance and patience of a Buddhist monk when it comes to it's customers because they are screwing you literally and figuratively all with a smile.

G

Not even funny.
What a looser giving free publicity to Apple.

Status
Not open for further replies.