Question Is there a way to test a tv in a store before I buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Seeley

Estimable
Nov 26, 2020
I’m looking for a smart tv that will show me closed captions when I watch regular live tv with my Roku and YouTube tv which is how I do it. My older non smart LG won’t, and since the latest Roku system update I can’t get CC I used to get on normal tv shows.

I know I can read specs. I know I can watch a tv in a store. But is there any way I could test one with my Roku stick to be sure I can get CC like I need? I want to put it then it’s paces, so to speak, not just trust the specs or the sales person that it’ll do what they say it will. It’s hard for me to believe I could just walk into Best Buy, etc., and do this.

Tom Seeley

Estimable
Nov 26, 2020
If you explain to the BB folks, they are very likely to allow you to try this.

Also, for some devices/apps to display CC, you have to configure the feature on the device/app, not on the TV. Did you check that as well?
Yes. I know how to tell Roku I want CC. With Roku my pblm right now is that before their latest update it did, and now, after their update, with no changes at all by me, it doesn’t.
Thx for the tip about asking BB to help. I’ll work on that.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Yes. I know how to tell Roku I want CC. With Roku my pblm right now is that before their latest update it did, and now, after their update, with no changes at all by me, it doesn’t.
Thx for the tip about asking BB to help. I’ll work on that.
Good luck. Seems you might want to check with Roku on the matter. That seems like a significant issue that they need to resolve.

https://support.roku.com/article/208756848

Status
Not open for further replies.