Is there any thing I can use to get more channels with just a antenna

Denise_44

Prominent
Jun 18, 2017
I just bought a clear tv antenna . I only get a few channels . What can I buy to attach to my tv to get good channels.

Solution
what do you consider "good channels"? an antenna will only get over the air channels and not any cable channels. how many and what channels an antenna can get depends on your area. in my city i get about 32 channels with my antenna. but your city may have more or less depending.

the most important thing is how good the antenna is. they are rated by how many miles away the source can be to get the channel. if there is one missing you know you should get, look and see where it broadcasts from and be sure your antenna is rated for whatever distance it is from you. i have one rated for 60 miles and miss nothing in my area. but rural areas or larger cities may need an even stronger one to get all that may be out there. rural areas are real...

Math Geek

Estimable
Herald
what do you consider "good channels"? an antenna will only get over the air channels and not any cable channels. how many and what channels an antenna can get depends on your area. in my city i get about 32 channels with my antenna. but your city may have more or less depending.

the most important thing is how good the antenna is. they are rated by how many miles away the source can be to get the channel. if there is one missing you know you should get, look and see where it broadcasts from and be sure your antenna is rated for whatever distance it is from you. i have one rated for 60 miles and miss nothing in my area. but rural areas or larger cities may need an even stronger one to get all that may be out there. rural areas are real tough as the nearest city may be 60+ miles away where the channel is based. mountain valley towns also have issues since you need line of site to the broadcast tower and a mountain may be in the way.

these are a couple things to consider. google your area for a list of what you should expect to get with an antenna to know if you are even missing anything.

did you run the tv's auto channel finder for the antenna? this helps it find channels but may miss some. i had to manually edit my channels to add in a couple i knew were there but the tv missed them on its own.

where the antenna is in the house alos plays a role. by a window on the side of the house facing the broadcast towers is the best place to get all available stuff
hopefully one of these thoughts can help you :)

Solution