Is there any way to achieve this?

Bolin

Estimable
Sep 8, 2014
Hello Tomshardware forums! I would like to know if there's any way or any software that can achieve to make my pc follow the behaviour below:
I want to have everything set up for maximum battery for when I really need it, like I press a button and the battery settings go to power saving, windows visual effects set to perfomance, removes everything that's not necessary off the background, dims the display, lowers the resolution to 768p and I don't know what else to think about (what about safe mode for battery?). Then I press another (or the same button) and everything goes back to normal.

Solution

Your best option would be to edit the power saver power plan in windows to a more extreme battery saver plan.

My gigabyte notebook came with a super power saver power plan which makes nearly everything not necessary off (including areo.

Bolin

Estimable
Sep 8, 2014

Well, all I mentioned occurred to me as I was typing, most of those probably will only boost battery so small that it wouldn't even matter. Is there any software that can get the most juice out of the battery? or are windows' battery power savings what matter the most to even care about?

Your best option would be to edit the power saver power plan in windows to a more extreme battery saver plan.

My gigabyte notebook came with a super power saver power plan which makes nearly everything not necessary off (including areo.

Solution

Bolin

Estimable
Sep 8, 2014

Cool, will check those settings out and probably make a new plan.
Just googled a bit and found http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/75562-power-plans-export-import.html Do you think you could export your Gigabyte's plan to share with me :p? If it's too much hassle don't worry, it's fine. I better start creating my own plan :p