Solved! Is there going to be a Sharp tv and Netflix compatibility issue Dec 2019

Dec 28, 2019
Unable to download Netflix app on Sharp model 40SA5500
You are now chatting with: Si
You
HI
Netflix Si
Welcome to Netflix Customer Service! Thank you for the information. Just a quick reminder, your timely response will help me to get your issue resolved efficiently. May I have your "Name"

You
kash
Netflix Si
Please help me with your registered email Id to locate your account.

You
an
Netflix Sid
And also please tell me on what device are you trying to download titles?

Netflix Sid
Thank you for providing me with the information. I’ll help you identify the issue and will take appropriate action to resolve the problem for you

Netflix Sid
By the way, please provide a timely response. Avoid hitting "BACK" button or Closing the Browser as it may disconnect our chat.

You
my daughter has the account , and has been watching it on her laptop . just got a Sharp Smart Tv and we are not able to download the Netflix app
You
its no brainer to have a smart tv and not able to download the most popular app NETFLIX
Netflix Sid
If you don not have Netflix pre-installed on your device that means Netflix does not support your device.

You
its a SMART TELEVISION
Netflix Sid
Though it's a smart Television it should have Netflix application to support the application.

Netflix Si
If at all it is not installed, to install the application you'll have to contact the device manufacturer.

Netflix
Hey, just checking in - are you still with me?

Netflix
This chat will be closed by the system in approximately two minutes. I want to make sure we get your questions taken care of so please let me know if you are still there.

You
YES
Netflix Siddhant
I'll suggest you to contact to your device manufacturer for installing application in your Smart TV.

You
its a android Playstore which has netflix showing , but would not download
You
from the complains on the forum , it seems its a recent problem, and Netflix is blaming the tv manufactureres
You
and there was no advissory fronn Netflix, to guide consumers to choose the brands if they had issues with brands concerned
Netflix
Well Netflix has categorized few devices depending on their statistics which is why few of the device do not support Netflix and are not pre-loading in them.

Netflix
pre-loaded*

You
not preloaded is not the problem.
You
it wont download anymore
You
and its a common problem , which we just found out, when searching for a solution
Netflix
It won't download as it is not supported, is the reason I'm referring you to the device manufacturer so that they can help you to download the application.

You
,but looks like netflix has conveniently slammed the door on people trying to find solution
You
this was an answer by Netflix l on a forum on Tom's Guide dated nov. 20 2019
Netflix
I'm here to help you out, and I've completely checked the system and escalated the scenario with the concerned team, but it looks like device manufacturer is the only hope.

Netflix

You
From Netflix;
Netflix keeps enhancing our services that will benefit both the user and the developer, this will also help us improve our customer service as we will be able to replicate the actual behavior happening in our customer's device with the help of the new developments on the software app version that is only available on the new devices. We will need your kind support on the development that will happen as we need to further advance on the technologies we are using.
You
this was what i was looking for on the forum
You
Is there going to be a Sharp tv and Netflix compatibility issue Dec 2019?
You
and that was the question on the forum of tom's guide
Netflix
Yes.

You
how convenient
Netflix
I meant yes as in "okay"

You
fro netflix to jerk off the responsisbility and leave the consumers un inforemet
You
un informed
You
what do you expect us to do
You
junk the tv
You
whiich we just purchased yesterday
Netflix
I've already informed/requested you to speak with your device manufacturer as it is not the Netflix's fault. Because Application need some device support to work or to stream.

You
from the answers which i am getting from you, did not even know that it was very recent announcement which DEC 1 2019 to be precise
You
and you are just giving me your template answers , which even a kid can just copy and paste,
Netflix Siddhant
Yes, we had announced about the devices which were not going to work from this 1st Dec 2019 but I was unaware that you were referring to that related to your device.

You
it should be you guys and the manufacturers to come up with a firmware or some programming to solve the problem and not just pass the buck to the consumer
Netflix Siddhant
I'll surely take this as a feedback!

You
looks like i a wasting my time chatting with you.
You
and will be definitely posting this on the forum for all and future customers buying Sharp tv and neflix sucbscribers to be aware
Netflix
I'm trying my best to help you out, but it's only the device manufacturer who can fix this bug.

You
every problem has a solution, we all know that
You
its not a major issue , for the providers or the manufacturers to come up with a firmware thats about it
Netflix
I'm sorry if you feel that way, but I'm trying to help you out, and I'll surely take this as a feedback and report this to the concern team.

Netflix
If at all it was upto me to resolve this query I would be the happiest to do that, but here it's only the device manufacturer who can get through this issue!

You
ok thanks\
Netflix
Is there anything else apart from this so that i can help you with?

Netflix

Netflix
This chat will be closed by the system in approximately two minutes. I want to make sure we get your questions taken care of so please let me know if you are still there.