Is this a good gaming laptop?

g-unit1111

Distinguished
It's pretty decent, I've heard Acers aren't exactly built for longevity. I would try Asus and MSI or Gigabyte before I'd go with Acer, Gateway or Dell.

One thing to remember when researching - at this point, if it doesn't have at least a 1080P screen, it's not worth buying. You definitely want at minimum a 1080P if you're going to be doing some serious gaming. The other thing to keep in mind is that gaming laptops don't perform nearly on the same level as gaming desktops, the main reason is the low power requirements for both the CPU and GPU.

BeMu

Estimable
Sep 28, 2015

I've got an acer at the moment that's still going pretty good. I've been looking at asus but couldn't find a similarly priced alternative that has dedicated graphics (the biggest hurdle in my search so far) and I've don't know anyone with an msi or gigabyte so I wasn't sure of the quality.

On the point of desktop vs laptop, I understand desktops are more powerful but I need the portability of a laptop to take to school for work and to take on holiday too.