is this a GPU problem?

selnomeria

Commendable
Sep 9, 2016
Friend gave me old laptop SONY VAIO PCG 6H2P (windows XP). You can see what happens on screen ( the same is even on BIOS screen):

When i connect laptop to external screen, the same comes to external screen (the only difference is that on external screen the image is fully extended on screen). What is the problem, which components I can replace? videocard? (how to replace GPU, or how to replace failing memory?

(i have even captured video of screen of 15 seconds, you can see it here)

Solution
it the video card failed. if there a video card you have to flip the laptop over. if it has one it be clipped in on the bottom or screwed in. (some laptops also have the wifi card on the bottom. ) if not you have to replace the system board. google the full model name see if there bee nrecall on the laptop or a class action lawsuit. some of the older units had bad nvidia gpu chips.
it the video card failed. if there a video card you have to flip the laptop over. if it has one it be clipped in on the bottom or screwed in. (some laptops also have the wifi card on the bottom. ) if not you have to replace the system board. google the full model name see if there bee nrecall on the laptop or a class action lawsuit. some of the older units had bad nvidia gpu chips.

Solution