Is this a scam?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tkeane

Honorable
Nov 8, 2012
More than likely yes
Its states 3rd gen i7 even though its a 3310 or whatever the 10 is 2nd gen the 30 is the 3rd gen i7
I think thats it anyway i dont know much so i could be completely wrong

MotherFerJones

Honorable
Sep 2, 2012
That is a pretty good deal (if its legit). The websites copyright is this year so that's kind of fishy, but then again they could just be a new start-up. If its a Chinese website then there is NO Better Business Bureau in China, product disputes are handled in court, and if one side is non-Chinese, then they lose, period. Do what you feel, but just keep in mind it MIGHT be a scam.

dmbphan041

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2010

they're in the US.

Platnum_Prince

Distinguished
May 29, 2005
This site reminds me of the costpi.com scam site. Advertised below cost for popular products, then ship orders with a usb cable instead of the correct product ordered; in some cases a $400 video card.
Check resellerratings.com for the site. It started out with 5 to 10 great scam reviews but when real buyers list their experience it sheds a whole different light on this fraud site.

www.resellerratings.com/store/CostPi

mediateck

Honorable
Nov 14, 2012
I ordered a laptop from them a week and a half ago. Looked at some reviews online before purchasing and thought it was ok. When my order was placed I got confirmation emails and even a shipping update. I ordered on a Friday night and got the shipped update Monday. I didn't get a tracking number though. Its a week and a half later and i'm worried that I got scammed.

It is possible that its my fault. I used my work address to have it shipped to and got the zip code swapped with our PO box.
When I saw this I emailed them telling what happened to see if they could give me the tracking number. That way I could see if it got lost or returned to sender. I sent that Monday and haven't heard back.

The site looked pretty legit. The site was listed in the Google shopping list for the laptop i was looking for.

I'll give them to the end of the week and see if they reply. If not I'll have to see if my bank will help me get the money back. The laptop was $750. Not a bad deal. It sold on amazon for around $900. So not such a big gap to look suspicious.

I'll report back with what happens. For now I'd stay clear.

Nathan

Platnum_Prince

Distinguished
May 29, 2005

One big red-flag I noticed was when I went through the checkout process and relaised none of their checkout pages was secured (https). The last page of it wanted you to send credit card info after you send the order to them so they can "process it". Definitely a red flag there.

I say the site is a fraud. Hope your bank refund your money.

D

Deleted member 217926

Please don't post in threads that are years old. I guarantee the person asking the question no longer needs any help........well maybe with the next upgrade by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.