Is this possible.....

Paranoid Android

Estimable
Jul 27, 2014
I recently acquired an old laptop (around 2004 Fujtsu C1410) which used to be my dad's. (I built something nice, and my old PC which was actually only about 2 years old went to him) I was thinking of cleaning out the dust, but reading online I see that the symptoms are always full speed fans, extreme heat, and random shutdowns, which are expected after 1 or 2 years. But this laptop as we know is around 10 years old, and yet doesn't have any of those symptoms. I'm sure my dad would never have cleaned it, and I'm pretty sure that it didn't go to a PC repair shop. Besides, I don't think they would clean it out for free. I don't live in a place run by dustphobics or anything, quite average. So do you think that this kind of dust invincibility :)D) is possible for something this age or has it been cleaned without me knowing?

morgilroka

Honorable
Jul 16, 2012
It's always a good idea to clean your laptop every year or so, You may not see the dust but it sure gets packed in there. I recently cleaned a 6 year old laptop and it was amazing how much dust was in there. Same thing as you, no symptoms. Laptops are actually surprisingly easy to open up too so it shouldn't take you much longer than an hour.

Paranoid Android

Estimable
Jul 27, 2014

Oh, so no symptoms.. I guess it wouldn't hurt to clean it..