Is This the iPhone 5's First Photo?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ap3x

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]12mp cameraphones have been around for nearly 3 yearsThis Apple news makes it hard to contain my indifference[/citation]

I am sorry, people seem to actually think that mp is the only thing that impacts image quality. You do realize Apple stated that they decided to focus on the sensor rather than the megapixel rating. Same thing that professional grade camera companies do. You can get a high megapixel camera and get trounced in the image quality department by a low 5-8 mp camera with a bad ass sensor in it.

So to just look at back of the box specs to rate a phones level of technology like people tend to do on this site does not tell the entire story.

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
[citation][nom]ap3x[/nom]I am sorry, people seem to actually think that mp is the only thing that impacts image quality. You do realize Apple stated that they decided to focus on the sensor rather than the megapixel rating. Same thing that professional grade camera companies do. You can get a high megapixel camera and get trounced in the image quality department by a low 5-8 mp camera with a bad ass sensor in it.So to just look at back of the box specs to rate a phones level of technology like people tend to do on this site does not tell the entire story.[/citation]
So this is the reason why most top of the line DSLRs don't have the higher megapixel count in the range. Or do they? I also thought that focusing on the MP rating was also focusing on the sensor.
Of course megapixel isn't the only important feature in a camera sensor but it also maters, or else we would still be using 1.3MP sensors.
There are also phones that take better pictures than the iPhone 4.
Still for those that really want to take pictures should buy a camera. Most small and cheap compacts are better than phones at taking pictures, and will always be as long the optics on the phones are sh*t!

CPU666d1

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2011
This shot will not get me to buy Apple's iPhone 5! The only time that I'll come close to buying one,is if I will get it for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.