Is VR Dying?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jan 23, 2019
It's a very niche product and still quite expensive. You need a good pc and a headset or maybe an expensive smartphone but that's not the ideal experience yet. It's still in early stages and there's a lot of progress to be made. It can't die if it wasn't even born yet

schaft

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2012
Just sold my Samsung odyssey (1st gen). When I got it 6 months ago, I was enthusiastic as its still a rare item in Indonesia. I was very much disappointed since Bethesda want to rake more money by delaying Fallout 76's VR version. In my opinion, greed struck them hard. Fallout 4 VR and Skyrim VR already set solid base, why deliberately pushing standard 76's and forced delay the VR version just so they want to sell the same game twice like they did in 4's and skyrim.

For those who were aiming for wireless, HTC vive pro can become wireless with TPcast. Unfortunately, after experiencing Odyssey's screen door effect (SDE) and eye's deteriorating, I just have to sold them until there are safer VR device. SDE was said have been reduced significantly by samsung odyessy 2, but I will wait until small sweet spot problem were solved (main reason to my eye's deteriorating).

PS: unfortunately, vive pro and most other VR headset have SDE problem. Don't know about Hololens though since its unusable on AAA games and too costly anyway.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Mike Andronico Virtual Reality/Augmented Reality 0