Issues Any And All Help...PLEASE!!!

tj7979

Great
Jul 24, 2018
Hey,how is everyone...I hope well. He is my issues,FIRST I am just learning and teaching my self all this computer stuff. so I have a HP mini 110-1000 and it crashed like 4 years ago and my daughter just turned 8 and she wanted to use my notebook 2000 and I willn't let her,so I pulled the mini out and started to go to work,I spent 4 years learning and working on electronics with repair and fixing them. So I found that the minis HDD was done and dead,I replaced it with a new 1 and now here comes issues, I have a Iomega ego external HDD and a SanDisk USB little drive. I can't figure out now how to reinstall the systems to or for the new HDD to get it up and running or working. I have read a ton of this and that and USB external HDD and USB whatever its called thumb drive or flash drive. I've downloaded stuff from HP site and other sites and can't figure this out.
I don't have the 15.00 plus 35.00 right now to get HP coverage for just 1 HP labtop, if I did I still wouldn't cause I want too,and need to learn this as I do it,but will be getting that coverages at some point just not right now. So I need help please with this what am I doing wrong what step am I missing or not doing. I need some help,and remember U have to speak to me like I am just learning too talk and speak computer tech. I need to reinstall all or whatever is needed for a new internal HDD inside HP MINI. I don't have any clue what was on it before hand windows xp or vista or windows 7. I figured just whatever systems comes with the older hp mini 110-1000 notebook labtop and since their is no where to put a cd in the mini I have to use the only thing I have USB. so this is for my daughter. Anyone who can help me we can figure some type of payment I can provide,I have 2 yrs of college for Art and 2 yrs of Personal Trainer under my belt. I tattoo and have 4years of fixing electronics. I can whip up a 1 of a kind tattoo for u,give u a crazy plan for training and I am opening up a small online site where I make and build 1 of a kind back drops for fish,reptiles,spiders etc and we can work something out or just a good friendship an that I am good to all my friends. I am also working on my comic books and putting together a group of 5 to 10 people to design and make a video game that I have downloaded some software and waiting to get computer stuff piece by piece to make the tower and electronic equipment that is needed. so Anyone willing to help me please.
BUT THANK So need someone to teach me what I am doing wrong,And what I need to do to reinstall & reboot/boot up all systems to new Internal HDD for HP Mini 110-1000 to get it up and running. thanks remember I am just learning so talk computer baby talk to me. i have a facebook account we can speak on their or other ways. I am a family man and down to earth.

Solution
No-one here will ask you for money.

XP was great in its day but that was many thousands of days behind us. Vista was pretty useless from the get-go and hasn't improved
since. Windows 7 and 10 will cost your a lot of money but Linux is free and as good if not better.

Using the PC you use to post here, Google for Linux Mint and when you see an option to download it, do that and it will appear in your Download folder which is part of your Documents folders.

Post back when that stage is reached by which time, someone else might explain tis in a better way.
Only on the basis of paragraph 1, I suggest you use another operating system than WIndows. From what I can see online, the original might have had a Linux system and that would cost you nothing and your daughter will soon be an expert at it. It's an eight year old thing - trust me. My great-granddaughter, nine years old can do it

Download a flavour or Linux - I suggest Cinammon Mint 17, and on your Windows PC, use a utility named Rufus to turn a regular USB memory stick into a bootable drive which will kick-start the system and allow you to install it on to the hard disk. Linux doesn't nominate drives and disks with letters so that cures that problem.

Your thoughts on that, please, or do we need to think again?

tj7979

Great
Jul 24, 2018

Hey, hite thanks for your thoughts and quick response,well first I have no clue what you mean... Lolol or what you mean for me to do. Remember I am eliterit with this computer stuff and have no clue. I seen that's as well with the Linux or whatever it's called if you got to HP and getting into downloads & software that is 1 of only 2 choices with windows xp or vista or whatever. See I don't know how to do all that USB flash drive and USB external HDD formatting and from what I read I can mess up my own PC by doing stuff wrong. I already some how got my HP notebook 2000 to stop reading my external hard drive by trying to. Follow along with on how to format the external hard drive for that fat32 and\or NIFS ORwhatever that other one is... If you type in universal USB installer it takes you right to that Linux site and right to what you need. But once I down load it and put it into the USB SanDisk drive then after downloading eject it safely then mini plug it,then go to all that BIOS crap it willn't pull it off my USB drive.... I know I am missing a step and it has to be what you said but how do you or what do you do as in go to format fat32\ and or NFIS or whatever that other one is. Here it is hours and hours later and I still can't even get my HP to pickup my external hard drive and it did until I started messing with device manager, and mange partition and all that other crap...
I... Sighing... Man...38 years old and feel like a dummy, and as I should, always to busy running around outside as a kid and never asked for a computer and now here I am really trying to become a computer nerd and a OKA with it. Lolol but Jesus man did I start this game 28 years to late... You have FB

tj7979

Great
Jul 24, 2018
4th is really has me mad. A week later and a day break with now almost 48hrs up working with this I know I have to do that formatting for either external hard drive or USB SanDisk flash drive, then getting the right BIOS set up on the mini.... I just don't know how to do what you said and my.... Stressed out butt can't figure out how to. Format the USB SanDisk flash drive for hp mini to upload, download, reboot, reinstall it from USB to mini..
I have read like at least I swear like 4 different was to do this and 1 time I tried it it did something to my HP where it willn't response and take my Iomega eGo eat HDD and it took me like 4 days to GETBAT to take it to begin with and now I am back to this crap....
I have no clue, what you said sounds like a winner and what needs done, but I have no clue what words mean to add this, that,this then fat420 (fat32)and NFIS something....
Lol I do know it's a HP mini 110-1000 32G...funny, I had more success with ext. HDD With the BIOS and boot up inside mini I had 4 different and at 1 time 5 different boot ups 1st to 2sec,3th etc but could never get it to take from external HDD. And new it had to be that formatting tha USB ext HDD or USB stick... Then found a video yesterday after a day break and now here I am and still stuck. HP had the nerve to tell me that doing what I was doing There was NO WAY, CAUSE A tech had to be here and do it. I lol and said oka then why is YouTube, online, and alot of other places doing it alone and...i said that's a goofs,and scumbags way of saying oh, u don't pay 14.99 plus 35.00 or a one time fee of 99.99 we can't help u. Sighing I don't know my friend

No-one here will ask you for money.

XP was great in its day but that was many thousands of days behind us. Vista was pretty useless from the get-go and hasn't improved
since. Windows 7 and 10 will cost your a lot of money but Linux is free and as good if not better.

Using the PC you use to post here, Google for Linux Mint and when you see an option to download it, do that and it will appear in your Download folder which is part of your Documents folders.

Post back when that stage is reached by which time, someone else might explain tis in a better way.

Solution

tj7979

Great
Jul 24, 2018
I am using my ZTE blade to talk with you and I'll get my PC back out and opened up. See, With HP online site and a few other ones windows 7 or xp, or vista is free. I do believe I still have everything download still on my USB stick... Been going really hard on this for my daughter and wife. Hold on...

tj7979

Great
Jul 24, 2018
From what I just read that I was to. Instal\reboot what was on this mini from factory. And that it was windows xp vista from HP site, but Linux might need download first to even put windows systems on it. My wife said it was a windows and dude acrossed the street upgraded it to windows 8 and it went south...
But oka labtop getting into it now

tj7979

Great
Jul 24, 2018
I need to....crap,
Look do I need to. Delete everything on this USB stick before and their is from me downloading, making files stuff on here and I DONT want it to make the mini crash again by over loading the minis HDD.

tj7979

Great
Jul 24, 2018
Oka look, sighing... I am on http://www. Linuxmint. COM and hit downloads to pull up all versions and I know I gotta use 32 bit, but this is.. I am looking at Linux mint 19 Tara cinnamon 32 bit....
But it asks me or says don't forget to verify your ISO and then it says download mirrors....
Look, if u can grab a free Wi-Fi call and text app and download it fast, u could call me from it,that way I can speak to u instead of this, or text from it so it gos faster. It saves ur phone from ever getting out.... Man my PC is acting funny now... Man God I hope I didn't screw it up from all this download stuff I did... Hold up

tj7979

Great
Jul 24, 2018
WOOOOH man, that was... My heart hit the floor. Oka So,It yea if u grab a app for free text and call, u pick another number, ur real ones blocked and never gets out and ur free to talk and text as u please. I use them all the time when I help people with their animals and tattoos and customize back drops for aquariums for fish, reptiles etc it keeps me safe and I don't wanna know their number real number either. After awhile of being friends and trust is built then maybe real numbers... My PC IS DOING SOMETHING MESSED UP... HOLD ON