News I've almost filled up my 128GB phone again — and it makes me miss microSD card slots

ReeceC977

Prominent
Dec 27, 2022
"I've almost filled up my 128GB phone again — and it makes me miss microSD card slots" then just buy a phone with bigger internal storage instead of moaning about Obsolete MicroSD cards.

mhinman2

Prominent
Apr 23, 2023
What are you doing with your phone? For a typical user 128GB is more than enough. I checked my usage and I'm at 40% for a phone I've been using for 3.5 years. I use Google Cloud for backing up photos/videos but never pay anything for their cloud.

Dec 25, 2023
Man this article is such crap. Sure you miss your sdcard but there are so many more, better options out there with these new phones now that provide much more storage space, at vastly faster speeds.

You can hook up a portable ssd such as the samsung t7 using the usb c port and you get minimum 100x the read/write speeds of an SD card.

Don't want to spend extra to get an ssd? Setup a network share using your pc (for free) and setup your phone to share that storage using an app from the app store.

Fact of the matter is, sdcards are nowhere near fast enough to be used in phones these days.

You need a new job. Or write about articles that you actually know something about

Reactions: Dominimmiv

TRENDING THREADS