jail break Lumia 635

rhapdog

Honorable
Jan 14, 2014
Winodws 8/8.1 Phones cannot be jail broken. Many have tried, but the security measures and sandboxing put in place by Microsoft has effectively shut everyone out.

Exactly what are you trying to accomplish by jail breaking the phone? Perhaps there is a better solution that I could assist with?

not a nokia fan

Estimable
Mar 2, 2015
currently locked to Cricket wireless but need to switch provider. need any assistasnce you can provide. thanks

You need to "unlock" your phone, not "jailbreak" it. So, use your favorite search engine to search for "unlock <my phone model>"

Also - "Locked" is not purely correct term, you bought your pre-paid phone very cheap fully aware that you will be "locked" to CW/AT&T.

not a nokia fan

Estimable
Mar 2, 2015

May 25, 2015
I'v seen lots of websites posting about the Nokia Lumia 635 having a Proximity Sensor for apps like Compass and Skymap for planets and stars which I can't use because it's locked of some sort but Microsoft has disabled it so I was told. If I jailbreak the phone I can use the Proximity Sensor plus many other things too, is this true?? Thanks Daniel

maryfl

Estimable
Aug 1, 2015
I want to put another Sims card in this phone by another carrier

SPHL7

Estimable
Sep 2, 2015

Hi,

I have Nokia Lumia 635, which is activated with virgin mobile. Virgin mobile gave me unlock code to use another carrier but i am not able to unlock this phone. is there any way. Please help.