Japanese Couple Married by $68,000 Robot

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Ohhh, he's a professor of robotics. I was going to say, "That's not very romantic." Somehow the face that he is a professor in robotics makes it seem normal to me.

haunted one

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2009
"This was a lot of fun. I think that Japanese have a strong sense that robots are our friends"

I would be very worried for the Japanese if they are describing non-conscious things as "friends". o.o

G

"I would be very worried for the Japanese if they are describing non-conscious things as "friends". o.o"

I agree. Having viewed multiple articles about stuff that happens in japan really makes me question how mental health can be affected by habitats like Tokyo where the population density is so large. Robot weddings, marrying a video game girlfriend, having multiple rape based video games, etc.

Here in America its pretty bad as well. Like mentioned by polly the couples getting married in best buy or an apple store. That really shows how prevalent materialism has become in the average American psyche for events like these to happen and to be supported by others.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
[citation][nom]Gin Fushicho[/nom]Huhn.... well.. it was "controlled" .... I wouldn't consider something that couldn't think a friend.[/citation]
I consider a large hydraulic system at work my enemy. Close enough?
The electronics in it cost probably more, though it likely has less computing power than my bargain bin phone.

G

After the wedding the Robot continued its search for Sarah Connor

Status
Not open for further replies.