Japanese Men Want Date Game Characters

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mp562

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009
[citation][nom]papasmurf[/nom]"Japanese Men Want Date Game Characters"Anyone else see the grammatical flaw with this headline?[/citation]
Good call, you totally beat me to that one.

Adroid

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2009
Main problem is that men made those game characters that other men want to date =/
That is painting a mighty ugly picture - sorry.

The_Blood_Raven

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2008
[citation][nom]grieve[/nom]Does the cast of a game count, like C&C3?If it does...Tricia Helferhttp://www.imdb.com/media/rm142182912/nm1065454[/citation]

Hell yes!

[citation][nom]RADIO_ACTIVE[/nom]nothing like long elf ears and purple tattooed skin[/citation]

I'd try it.

sezyboy

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2006
[citation][nom]ponchato[/nom]I think the point is that real women are the problem, not 'weird guys'.[/citation]

I have met quite a few Japanese people and been to Japan several times to visit. All I can say is, there is a small percentage of women that I have met there that are not weird. The rest....well..

jecht

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2009
Of course they'd want to date fictional characters. One, they're drawn to be beautiful (well, mostly, and I commend those artists who draw more realistic depictions of women); two, because of having played the game/watched the show, they've gotten to know the character intimately WAY faster than dating a real person; and three, many characters have excessive amounts of personality which attracts men, and is great for the screen, but wouldn't be as appealing in real life situations. Getting attached to characters is fine and well and it's part of what makes entertainment, well, entertaining, it just becomes problematic when some cannot accept both the fictional world and the real world the way they are, and become consumed by fantasy...

In any case, I think the real question is would the game characters want to date them? :p

fulle

Distinguished
May 31, 2008
Relationships with female characters is actually something I think that more games could benefit from. Some games that suck out for me on this were Shenmue from Dreamcast, Grandia II, and FFVI, but they used it more to help build atmosphere and drive an interesting story. I can't really recall the last time a non-dating sim oriented game attempted to take a good stab at the whole relationship building... Harvest Moon? Uhm... in The Witcher you can hit on girls to try to get the protagonist layed, and take actions that strengthen the relationship he as with specific key characters...

So, I guess the only game I can think of that really tried any sort of female relationship related gameplay that I can think of, from recent titles... is The Witcher?

I for one, think that hitting on girls is fun. Whether its in a game, or in real life. I'd like to see more RPGs where your actions effect the way female NPC interact with the character in a romantic way... It can lead to all kinds of amusing gameplay. Or maybe I'm just a perv, but whatever.

myrddral

Distinguished
May 14, 2009
japanese are really ...erm... "hot".. erm in a way. just think about that 90% of their adult moives ending in a creampie. arguably this is the natural way but still :p i was in a strip bar few days ago with a couple fo friends and when i came back my japanese housemate (girl,29) curiously aked me about the girls and how i felt to be there and so on...

Status
Not open for further replies.