Japanese Woman Kills Online Husband

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorg

Distinguished
May 31, 2004
Although the game reaches multiple countries including Korea, China, Brazil and even Thailand, over three million fan currently play in the North American / Asian / European area alone; the game currently has fifty million players worldwide.
Where are the other ~47 million players?

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
I find it impressive how people can become so attached to a gaming enviroment. The developers must really have done something right. Although that may not be a good thing in some regards.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
wow.. record time tom's, only a week late...

good thing i don't get my daily dose of news from toms, would suck if there's a nuclear attack or mega internet virus turning monitors into killing machines or something....

aevm

Distinguished
May 18, 2007
What happens to the virtual children of the couple if she is sent to jail in real life???

Serves him right for giving away the password and for refusing to pay alimony :)

Pei-chen

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007
[citation][nom]neiroatopelcc[/nom]Hard to say really. Google earth can't find sapporo. [/citation]
Really? Sapporo is the 5th biggest city in Japan with 2 million people and the the capital of Hokkaidō (prefecture/island). It hosted the 1972 Winter Olympics.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
I agree with waffles, its not really hacking if somebody gives you the password. This sounds like a civil case to me, not a criminal one.

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
@ gm0n3y : Unauthorized access is still an offense. If I'd hand a hired electrician a key to some place where he has to do stuff, its still a crime if he steals something. Same should apply here imo.

@ pei-chen : Really? Only things I know about japan are the cars. Excellent ones, but so overpriced nobody can afford anything other than a rubbish aygo. Anyway. My mom was 10 when the said olympics took place. I'd really know nothing about that.

Anyway yes. My google earth couldn't find it. Perhaps a newer version can, or a japanese version if one exists. Or perhaps I could find it using the blocks that are used instead of the letters I know. But I can neither input them nor read them.

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]neiroatopelcc[/nom]@ gm0n3y : Unauthorized access is still an offense. If I'd hand a hired electrician a key to some place where he has to do stuff, its still a crime if he steals something. Same should apply here imo.[/citation]

If she was given the password to the computer by the husband it will be hard to say unauthorized... Also really calling the cops after your maple story character was deleted...

That Japanese guy should kill himself to restore the pathetic honor he had before. His ancestors would be ashamed of him if they actually could see what he has become.

Also getting married on a game just screams a loser and begs for the failure of the "marriage."

Also pei-chen who cares, the Olympics are a joke. I mean really they took place in a country with a horrible human rights record. Why not have it in Afghanistan, or Iraq when Saddam was in charge.

China needs to learn to ACT like a first-world country. Anyway, having any game take over your life is pathetic. I mean I'm the computer almost all day long when I'm in one of my college courses. Will I still be playing this much after I get a job in Networking? hell no.

Some people need a wake up call, hopefully this act of stupidity will be that to both the ex-husband and wife.

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
@ kami3k : Your ignorance is impressive. And I can't say that is a good thing!
Japan and china aren't the same place.
And your attitute reminds me of the teens I have to deal with at work. Just because you don't care for gaming, or for olympics or whatever else you can't be arsed about doesn't make it a joke or pathetic. On the contrary really. I find people like you, who have nothing to care for, no purpose, pathetic.
I don't care for sports myself, but I still respect people that do. And I believe people that don't play games are in a sinking boat. They'll end up being the grumpy old folks that snare at you for buying the 'wrong kind of milk' in the supermarked. I'm not saying that gaming half your life away is good, but it's definetly better to be a gamer and care for the games you play, than being a grumpy fart that has no purpose in life but to make others feel miserable.

Just my two euro-cents.

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
I like how the idiot above me failed to notice I was talking about the Olympics.

Guess you couldn't read this part " It hosted the 1972 Winter Olympics." It doesn't change the fact that the Olympics took place this year in a country with one of the worst human rights records. The Olympics are suppose to be about bringing people to together. Last I checked throwing people in jail for speaking their mind isn't bringing people together.

Also very nice in taking everything I said to mean I care about nothing. Yea I don't care about gaming at all, I dont have whole collection of video games or anything else.

It doesn't help to act like you know wtf you are talking about. It helps to KNOW wtf you are talking about. Something you obviously don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS