Java Help Please?

NeroFleet6

Estimable
Oct 21, 2015
Ok, I don't even know if I'm in the right category, but, I need help...

Ok, so I do a restore on my computer about once a year, and I went ahead and installed my normal programs, like steam and stuff...

I went to go get optifine for minecraft for my little sister so the game would be much smoother for her to play mini-games in. But when i installed java, it seemed alright, it didnt tell me there were any errors...
So when I tried opening the Optifine.jar nothing happened, it either said that the applacation could not be found, or a CMD would pop up and close instantly... None of my .jar apps are opening correctly, and I've even tried choosing the "Open With..." and choosing java, and any other program.
I could use the help ASAP.

NeroFleet6

Estimable
Oct 21, 2015

Well, that helps me open the file, but these are the auto installers, and if you open them normally they should let you install them automatically.

G

Oh sorry, I didnt know your were talking about auto installers. In that case, you need to do what you tried to do before. right click the file, and click "open with" then navigate to the file you have java installed to. the name of the program to open it is "Java SE Binary" there my be multiples, so just try until you find something. I hope this works.

NeroFleet6

Estimable
Oct 21, 2015

Nothing, when i search for more, java isnt there, then i choose to find it, and i dont even have a java folder when i atchauly do...

G

Okay. Do you mind directing me to the website you got it from? Did you get it from skydaz?

NeroFleet6

Estimable
Oct 21, 2015

Sorry for the slow reply... No i dont think i did. But its not just the installer, its also my servers... They dont even work or start up.

G

Okay. what about your minecraft client? does that work?

NeroFleet6

Estimable
Oct 21, 2015

yes

G

Hmm. Well then it does't seem to be a problem with your java install. But I don't understand how your server doesn't run but your client does.

NeroFleet6

Estimable
Oct 21, 2015

I don't either... It just starts in a CMD then closes not even a second later... Iv opened it in a java platform, and what you told me... Nothing... Iv researched... Nothing...