Julian Assange Granted Political Asylum by Ecuador

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

We must go to war with Ecuador and retrieve this guy, then put him behind bars FOR LIFE.

shloader

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2001
This guy is so much fun. I hope he somehow stays free just cuz you know once the U.S. gets a hold of hizass it's all over. So here's to him somehow slipping out of that embassy and out of country in the middle of the night.

ithurtswhenipee

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
[citation][nom]outlw6669[/nom]Good for you Julian.Just think it is a little ironic that the only country to offer you Asylum has such disdain for reporters ^^[/citation]
Ironic in principle. The only reason they [Ecuador] is doing this is to thumb their nose at the USA.

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
[citation][nom]RITEHART[/nom]We must go to war with Ecuador and retrieve this guy, then put him behind bars FOR LIFE.[/citation]
Irony is very strong with you. I hope. Otherwise, it's just a case of misspelled username.

J3d1M1nD7r1cKs

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2010
As far as I'm concerned this guy is almost riding martyr status. Fuck the UK.
And especially that bs claim that he's 'sexual offences.' They're (US govt,) flaming mad because the information he secured was correct, and in the PUBLICs disfavor.

The claims in Sweden are BS and hoping to get him extradited to America. They paid some chick off to get a 'claim' that they can 'take to court.' Julian saw right through this (who wouldn't) and is now fihghting the powers that be; (corrupt) (malicious). This guy is a hero.

Julian Assange is a hero. This is a status I'll be eagerly watching.

J3d1M1nD7r1cKs

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2010
As far as I'm concerned this guy is almost riding martyr status. Fuck the UK.
And especially that bs claim that he's 'sexual offences.' They're (US govt,) flaming mad because the information he secured was correct, and in the PUBLICs disfavor.

The claims in Sweden are BS and hoping to get him extradited to America. They paid some chick off to get a 'claim' that they can 'take to court.' Julian saw right through this (who wouldn't) and is now fihghting the powers that be; (corrupt) (malicious). This guy is a hero.

Julian Assange is a hero. This is a status I'll be eagerly watching.

heizenbrg

Honorable
Aug 2, 2012
yes, Assange you can do it! Fuck the USA, China, Russia and world hypocrisy!
And I'm 100% american ;) Dont stop the leaks!

JeanLuc

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2002
The irony is he fled to the Ecuador embassy to avoid a potential jail term in the states now he can't leave the embassy because he will get arrested for avoiding deportation to Sweden the moment he steps outside.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Assange is no hero. If he is innocent, he should welcome his day in court. Even if extradited to the US, it would only increase his martyrdom to many and be a public relations boon for him.

Actually, he sounds more like a coward who was simply caught with his pants down and now we are seeing his true colors.

stingstang

Distinguished
May 11, 2009
I cant believe how childish most of you commenters are. You think governments are all so evil and corrupt, but the second you need protection, you go crawling back to them ON YOUR KNEES BEGGING.

stingstang

Distinguished
May 11, 2009
[citation][nom]COLGeek[/nom]Assange is no hero. If he is innocent, he should welcome his day in court. Even if extradited to the US, it would only increase his martyrdom to many and be a public relations boon for him.Actually, he sounds more like a coward who was simply caught with his pants down and now we are seeing his true colors.[/citation]
Completely true, but these children always want a David and Goliath story so they can feel like rebels.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
[citation][nom]COLGeek[/nom]Assange is no hero. If he is innocent, he should welcome his day in court. Even if extradited to the US, it would only increase his martyrdom to many and be a public relations boon for him.Actually, he sounds more like a coward who was simply caught with his pants down and now we are seeing his true colors.[/citation]
The problem is that regardless of his innocence on the Swedish charges, he is worried that once he is in Sweden they will extradite him to the US. Given that Sweden would not guarantee that this won't happen, it's pretty safe to say that they will do exactly that given the chance.

Let's all just hope that the Pirate Party wins the next election in Sweden.

blazorthon

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2010

[citation][nom]stingstang[/nom]Completely true, but these children always want a David and Goliath story so they can feel like rebels.[/citation]

Assange is being persecuted by governments for telling people what the governments were doing. He has no chance in court regardless of the legality of the matter because the governments don't want to allow such action. Call him what you want, but if he was a coward, then I don't think that he would have spat in the face of the governments who did wrong (it's not like any of us are stupid enough to think that they didn't) and leaked what he did if he was a coward. If he feared getting caught, then he would have been more discrete about this. However, that might have hurt his credibility, so he took a risk. Isn't that the opposite if what a coward does?

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009

sweden laws are stupidly feminist. he had sex with 2 women, without condom, because they want him tested for aids, they went to the cops who decided to bring up rape charges, and in sweden, from what i read, isnt all that uncommon.

the moment he is in sweden though, off to the us, where he will face treason charges, most likely in a military tribunal.

at this point, if he gets out of the country, he will be assassinated
if he gets into america, he will be killed, whether "legally" through the tribunal, or if he goes to prison, through guards offering a prisoner under the table deals to kill him...

this guy wont last another 5 years most likely
i cant say i would do any different in his shoes.

goatsetung

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2010
Out of curiosity, why would Sweden be more likely to extradite Assange to the US than England, which extradites people to the US all the time?

Status
Not open for further replies.