Solved! Keep getting memory dump

okamishamps

Prominent
Nov 29, 2017
Hey,

So i Keep getting Memory Dump BSOD, I've looked at it in the event log and the code i get says its a driver issue, well no new drivers were installed before this started happening, but I did have some malware (which I thought i did clean, but very very possible it didn't get it completely..maybe). I've tried everything I can think of, I've uninstalled the most recent drivers and reinstalled. It runs no issues in safe mode, but once I let the PC boot to normal Windows, and leave it be, within an hour it just BSOD, this is not even touching the PC at all.

I currently am Windows 7 Ultimate, I sadly don't have the CD anymore so If i can avoid a reinstall option that would be great.

Hopefully someone can help me, I've done a search but they don't seem to match my problem or don't solve the issue, which leads me to believe I didn't get the malware completely clean or there is something else going on.

Thanks in advance!

Solution
So the issue isn't happening immediately on boot into Windows, rather it's happening randomly within an hour afterward? Checking the system logs might help you track down what's causing the BSOD.

Even though you have updated drivers, it sounds a lot like a driver related issue. One step might be to try systematically removing hardware that requires special drivers to see if one specific thing is causing the issue. Also, as kasiourasg said, it could be memory related... bad RAM can cause a lot of random issues. I had a machine that would only post randomly, and it was directly due to a bad RAM stick!

kasiourasg

Prominent
Nov 2, 2017
It could honestly be a RAM hardware related program. I also had the same problem and I ignored it for a few weeks until my RAM modules broke completely and my PC wouldn't boot.

I then got a brand new RAM module just to check things out and my PC started working normally again.

That could be the same for you.

Avast-Team

Estimable
Mar 3, 2017
So the issue isn't happening immediately on boot into Windows, rather it's happening randomly within an hour afterward? Checking the system logs might help you track down what's causing the BSOD.

Even though you have updated drivers, it sounds a lot like a driver related issue. One step might be to try systematically removing hardware that requires special drivers to see if one specific thing is causing the issue. Also, as kasiourasg said, it could be memory related... bad RAM can cause a lot of random issues. I had a machine that would only post randomly, and it was directly due to a bad RAM stick!

Solution