Keep my iPhone 5 or Samsung galaxy s4

shamsmu

Honorable
May 30, 2012
I use my phone for talk and text, facebook, whatsapp, email, music, web browser and camera. My iphone 5 64gb is doing all of that just fine. Now I got hold of a brand new galaxy s4 4g model for $600. So now I am in a huge dilemma on what I should keep and get rid of. I am used to with both android and ios since I have owned both and I dont mind either.

I have done my research and this is what I have come up with-

Iphone 5
Pros- Iphone has better build quality(aluminium)
Better camera despite being 8mp. Way better performance in low light than the s4(I have tested myself)
does everything I listed smoothly.

Cons- I like the iphone music player but Itunes music syncing is horrible
Reception drops all the time
Phone freezes at times
Poor battery life

Galaxy s4
Pros- has much better display and resolution
Better features(though I won't use most of them)
Way better battery life
Better file transfer and feels more like a smartphone

Cons-Camera isn't as good and can be a little laggy at times
Apps take 2 seconds to load(lag again)
The phone might might get more laggy over prolonged usage

So if you were in my shoes, what would you do? Both phone can be sold for similar values. So which one should I keep. Iphone is doing everything I need, obviously its not the best but it works. Can you say the same about the gs4? Galaxy S1 was the laggiest phone ever but Galaxy s2 was somewhat better. Of course it lagged as well at times. Thats why I am sceptical about choosing the galasy s4.
What would ya'll advice?

Cons29

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2010
never liked apple, but i honestly like how their UI is smooth.
but since you have a relatively new phone, why switch?

i personally like android better since you can basically customize everything, you can plug to any computer and use it like a flash drive. you can even use a flash drive by directly to the phone via usb cable (i believe hard drives are possible too)

johnnyq1233

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2007
I have an old gs1 and although it is slow at times..it gives me what I want and the features I like...I won't get rid of it till it finally dies! (if it ever does..)
I love the google maps and the spoken GPS directions as well as the ease of connectivity to my pc.
nough said!

shamsmu

Honorable
May 30, 2012

I am familiar with all of those storage features of samsung. I used to use samsung OTG to connect usb drives to my gs2.

Reason why I am even considering the switch is because it would cost me almost nothing.

shamsmu

Honorable
May 30, 2012

Still, I only need one phone so I need to know which one to keep and which one to get rid of. Problem is both phones have pros and cons.

jimmysmitty

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007

I have had my SG4 for over a month and its an awesome phone. Overall I think its better than the iPhone 5 spec wise; faster CPU, more RAM, upgradeable storage and battery and a better GPU (if you check off screen results the SG4 wins since they do the same resolution while on screen is the native resolution). (. Plus the screen is amazing overall. Full HD and nice and large (a plus for us with bigger hands).

I vote for the SG4 and would even if I didn't have one.