Kevin Smith Wages War Against "Fattist" Airline

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wavebossa

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2008
Ok come on this is just ridiculous. Forget everything else in this entire article and focus on these simple facts:

- He Bought (2) seats, as he always does, because he knew his weight was going to be an issue.

- He took the (1) seat on the Early flight instead (still knowing his weight was going to be an issue

- And now he is mad because... his weight was an issue??

Ummm... what? Yeah, you have no case man.

natureaddict

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2009
[citation][nom]djcoolmasterx[/nom]A picture of the rest of him:http://poponthepop.com/wp-content/ [...] mith-b.jpg[/citation]

What a lovely denim skirt!

momomiester

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2009
People fail to realize the danger he could prose in an emergency evacuation situation. His mass could block the other passengers from safely exiting the plane in an emergency situation. This could be complicated further if the snack cart is anywhere near his reach delaying the other passenger's escape until he is done consuming the carts content.

ljport78

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2009
[citation][nom]Arglebargle[/nom]Wow, all the fatty-haters just appear on the discussion boards like disgusting little maggots coming out of a carcass. Nice to know that in this age of supposed tolerance, there is still so much small-minded pettiness. References to fat people such as "blob" and "cow" really make me glad I don't know any of you imbeciles in read life.[/citation]
I can see tolerating someone's culture but I don't have to tolerate someone who is fat. (Almost) anyone who is fat can lose weight if they would put some effort into it.
Basically being overly obese in public is rude.

rdhood

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2006
Good for Southwest. I never have understood the idea of charging a 120 pound woman an extra $50 for a checked bag that weighs 30 lbs when there are 300 pound people riding on the plane.

It is time airlines charged fees that are partly based on weight (weight of passenger AND luggage), and did away with the checked bag fees. I don't mind heavier-than-normal people as long as I don't have to subsidize their living (i.e. their healthcare, travel, etc).

cptnjarhead

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2009
just take a few seats out.. replace with larger ones and designate them for larger people and charge 2 or 3 times the rate. If larger people dont like it.. then they should loose weight. These seats could also accommodate taller people. I think a taller/larger person would pay the extra money to be comfortable.
For safety reasons there must be a limit though.

tethoma

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2009
I 100% agree what Southwest handled this wrong. If he is in the seat and can fit between the arm rests, he is fine. Silent BOB is not even that fat.

Then I remember the time I flew to Hawaii in the middle seat in between 2 x 300lb+ people. Wow that was the worst 13 hours of my life.

israil

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2007
I like Kevin Smith and all, but just lose some weight dude. He should be taking this as a wake up call that he is way obese and should lose some of it to improve his quality of life.

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
[citation][nom]djcoolmasterx[/nom]A picture of the rest of him:http://poponthepop.com/wp-content/ [...] mith-b.jpg[/citation]
He is big but not that big. I agree with his posts and FU airlines and the dumb ass TSA who will screen a 90 year old grandma and let some Muhammad go through all for political correctness and some liberal touchy feely agenda that is just plain dumb.

djcoolmasterx

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2007
[citation][nom]cptnjarhead[/nom]just take a few seats out.. replace with larger ones and designate them for larger people and charge 2 or 3 times the rate. If larger people dont like it.. then they should loose weight. These seats could also accommodate taller people. I think a taller/larger person would pay the extra money to be comfortable. For safety reasons there must be a limit though.[/citation]

It's called first class.

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
This is great... I get busted on another blog for saying the "F-Bomb", and I called them out on it. That it was about my opinion and/or microsoft... who knows.

And yet, page 4 of this article includes 15 F-Bombs, both from the article, comments and quotes. When this was news in other newsmedia, the censored what Kevin Smith said. I've seen S*** and F*** used on this site for the past year or so. And even in that same article, page 1 of comments, someone says bullsh**.

This sucks. Whats the point of posting here if they censor someone for something others do and what they do themselves? Oh yeah, it was an excuse.

The article pertains to Alan Wake: http://www.tomshardware.com/news/alan-wake-pc-xbox-cancelled,9663.html

barneybadass

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2006
I'm not fat, I'm just big... at 7'2" and tipping the truck scale at 320 lbs, and my shoulders hang off both sides of the usual 1st class seat.... perhaps I'll be next not to be able to fly... and I can get the arm rests down comfortably as well as the seat belt!

G

The airline just followed it's policy and the dude went berzerk cause he got his feelings hurt. I'm sure he woulda done the same thing if burger king told him they were out of cheese burgers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS