Solved! Keyboard keys keep getting stuck until they don't.

Jan 14, 2021
This is not similar to any case I have seen online.

I noticed this when I was playing Rocket League, which needs 4 keys to control the car movement. I was playing with WASD, then one day W started getting stuck. I tried pressing the button in a notepad and tested all four keys, only W was defective. Then I switched to ESDF and had the same problem with E. This kept happening I switched to RDFG then to TFGH and they all became defective one by one.

This is where everything got complicated. I tried switch back to WASD and W wasn't faulty at all. I played for some time and it was working perfectly until it didn't.

This has been like this for a month now, whatever key I switch to becomes defective after using it for a while. When I release the key, it keeps pressing for at least half a second. Any ideas?

[I am on a laptop so it's a built in keyboard]

Solution
I suspect you have just worn on the keyboard. Pressing the same key thousands of times (perhaps rather firmly) will do that. You need to use an external controller. There are a few videos I've seen regarding key repair. I can't vouch for how reliable they are. You probably need a new keyboard.
I suspect you have just worn on the keyboard. Pressing the same key thousands of times (perhaps rather firmly) will do that. You need to use an external controller. There are a few videos I've seen regarding key repair. I can't vouch for how reliable they are. You probably need a new keyboard.

Solution