Solved! Keyboard keys randomly stops working

Jul 30, 2019
I have a Dell Inspiron 13 5378 the convertible laptop. (I bought it used and it is in a perfect condition).
it started happening like 2 months after getting the laptop, the keys (F1, 2, W, S, X) they randomly stop working and I have to keep pressing the button till it starts working again, but other times they work perfectly fine without any problems.

I'm good in trying hardware fixes so if there's any fix for this I'm more than glad to try it. the problem is in a row of keys aligned together so it's probably a hardware thing, right? hope you guys can help me.

P.S. just to clarify a few things, if one of the keys stops working the rest will stop as well and if one started working they will all start working again. and I don't use any type of force when I try to make the keys work again I just keep pressing them like I do normally and they start working again.

also I tried the removing the drivers and reinstalling them but when I restart my laptop after removing the drivers they are automatically installed.

Solution
It sounds like either there is a loose connection (the cable from the keyboard to the motherboard) that would either need to be better connected or replace. Or there may have been a spill on the laptop (prior to your getting it). This can cause, if any residue is left inside, the keys to get stuck and then come loose again. The only resolution for that would be to clean it out.
It sounds like either there is a loose connection (the cable from the keyboard to the motherboard) that would either need to be better connected or replace. Or there may have been a spill on the laptop (prior to your getting it). This can cause, if any residue is left inside, the keys to get stuck and then come loose again. The only resolution for that would be to clean it out.

Solution
Jul 30, 2019
I checked for the lose connection as you guys recommended and after unplugging and re-plugging the keyboard connector it worked perfectly.... still too early to judge since it used to work for a couple of days fine and then just stop randomly but so far so good tbh.

thank you so much for your help guys.