keyboard wont type letters

Pavelo1976

Commendable
Oct 20, 2016
Hello!
Keyboard on my Asus K53By wont type letters: e,r,t,u,d,f,g,l,b,m,tab...
e open My Computer
r open Run dialog
t open TaskBar Switch
u--Ease of Access Center
p--Adjust presentation settings for display
d-- Show Hide Desktop
f-- Open Find dialog
g--Bring gadgets to the top of the Z-order
l-- Lock this computer
b-- Activate system tray
m--Minimize all windows
Tab-- Cycle through taskbar buttons
Space--All windows become transparent
On-Screen Keyboard show me what my keyboard actually do.
Help me please!

Solution
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Pavelo1976 : "Asus keyboard issue"

Does it work normally if you use a USB keyboard?
Probably needs to be replaced, they are under $20 on eBay and should be fairly simple to...

BadAsAl

Distinguished
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Pavelo1976 : "Asus keyboard issue"

Does it work normally if you use a USB keyboard?
Probably needs to be replaced, they are under $20 on eBay and should be fairly simple to replace. Search for a service manual for that laptop or youtube for a guide.

Solution

m86

Jan 28, 2019
we’re doomed..

i have a similar problem, laptop keyboard won’t type some numbers and letters and now it types double different letters/numbers instead of just 1 when i press many letters/numbers of the keyboard, like when i press 2 it types 32, same for 3 it types 32, i types iu, w types ew, same with e it types ew, s and d type ds, y types ]y and so on... :(

i think i need to replace my keyboard, wich is a pretty complicated process, i searched "Removing and Replacing the Keyboard //my laptop model// ", i found a youtube clip for my laptop model:

HP ProBook 4530s Notebook PC - Removing and Replacing the Keyboard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=161&v=0aVo5...

i read it could also be a problem with the motherboard, in wich case is a very complicated situation, i need to take the laptop to a service to replace the motherboard. in Romania this costs about 80 dollars.

please help me, i can’t live without my good ol’ laptop nor can i do almost anything with a FAULTY KEYBOARD. who could?

ps: it took me very long to write this simple text, i literally had to copy/paste almost every letter from a text file that i filled with many letters, it was horrible. damn it, why this life has to be so hard???